Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uneven Yaris

Eric355

Hi, when my Yaris is parked on level groud, the front off side wheel arch is 10mm lower than the other side. My neighbours Yaris is 5mm lower and my friends is 15mm lower. Does anybody else have this problem?

yes mine was the same,

when i had my coilovers fitted they measured my ride height before

removing my suspension,to get a reference to set my coilovers to,

And my suspension was uneven too.

Before I had my lowering springs fitted my car was lower on the driver side, and you could see it, it looked wierd.

It was probably me being a fat bugger, made the car sag :lol:

Before I had my lowering springs fitted my car was lower on the driver side, and you could see it, it looked wierd.

Is Mr T, aware of this?. It doesn't seem to affect the handling but it looks odd.

mine sits fine as well, made me look though :D

Sounds similar to mine now... But that's after the springs have been fitted

yeah on my coilovers they sit at different heights to get the car sitting level.

seems odd to me why this should me, maybe the weight is different for each corner.

my drivers side sits lower than the pass side.. thats even when im out the car before some one makes a smart ***** comment :P

Hunh, and here I thought it was just me. I only switched out my springs for Eibachs, and I found the right side of the vehicle sits lower than the left. I noticed this because my jack and a block takes work to fit on the right side, but takes no work to get it under the left side. Driver sits on the left over here, so I thought it was to keep the car level with just the driver. I guess this inconsistent jacking doesn't really affect the handling. Strange.

the lump is slightly on the right, anything to do with that?

(or if you have the bonnet open and looking in the bonnet, its slighty to the left)

I pondered onto that matter before. I think it's because the engine is mounted slightly to the left (looking in front). That's y there is more weight on this side (driver's side). :drool:

Cheers

Ismael

I pondered onto that matter before. I think it's because the engine is mounted slightly to the left (looking in front). That's y there is more weight on this side (driver's side).  :drool:

Cheers

Ismael

Someone take the engine out and let us know :thumbsup:

lol :P

Just had my car back to Mr T, they spent over an hour checking things out and decided that it is exactly 7mm lower. They can't come up with a reason why, so they said they will contact Toyota technical dept for advice. I'll keep you posted.

• 1 month later...
fattness. loose weight :P

seveer uneaks sits 30mm lower on the offside :lol:

Just read this... Cheeky beggar!

He's not wrong though... it's fat-barst*rd-suspension-syndrome!

I don't know what the hell's up with my car... iv got wonky suspension, rattles all over, clunks from the passenger side and a highly vibratery exhaust if clutching is wrong when setiing off. But, window down, music on and blarting my way along, absolutley nothing matters because my car drives awesome, sounds awesome and looks awesome! Dogs danglies indeed!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links