Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Forum

Matthew_McNally

Been noticing more and more off topic threads in this forum - and also noticed that we are taking more and more genuine car related threads off topic.

Can I ask nicely that we:

1 - Keep the Yaris forum for Yaris related posts and chat.

2 - Keep these Yaris related posts on the topic of the original thread.

Many people read these topics from google searches etc - and there is nothing more frustrating than finding what looks like a useful / helpful / interesting thread get dragged off topic with idle banter.

Lets keep a cap on it eh folks?

We have a separate forum for general discussions - and the gold forums are there for discussing pretty much anything (literally :ph34r: ) - so there no reason why we cant keep this forum clean, tight and purely Yaris focussed.

:thumbsup:

And for the Family Guy fans:

yaris_retarded.jpg

We are all here because we AGREE that Toyotas and the Yaris are cool, and we can share interesting facts about them.

We are almost 100% sure to DISAGREE on off topic postings, especially regarding politics, religion, and other sensitive topics. So yes I agree, stick to the subject!

:thumbsup:

Car Model:Lexus GS430 Sport
So yes I agree, stick to the subject. Car Model:His = none.

Were with you here mates.

At least I have a Yaris

2 in fact.

3 if you count my daughters. :thumbsup:

matt? matts great, he brings us all this, top guy in my eyes. theres too many new users recently who are not reading the t&c's of the forums and generally filling it with crap thats been in a thousand times.

ray, play with fire and you will be burned mate. no need to be cocky to matt.

Sounds like your sucking up there fella, big style! :lol:

Oi.. Keep on topic god dammit!! :lol:

ray, play with fire and you will be burned mate. no need to be cocky to matt.

Sounds like your sucking up there fella, big style! :lol:

Oi.. Keep on topic god dammit!! :lol:

True!!

matt? matts great, he brings us all this, top guy in my eyes. theres too many new users recently who are not reading the t&c's of the forums and generally filling it with crap thats been in a thousand times.

Very true!

Gets a bit repetitive sometimes when people come on and ask the same old questions!!

Car Model:Lexus GS430 Sport

So yes I agree, stick to the subject. Car Model:His = none.

Were with you here mates.

At least I have a Yaris

2 in fact.

3 if you count my daughters. :thumbsup:

well done.

2nd reply, and its off topic.

a new record in reading comprehension. :rolleyes:

Was my post about what car I drive? Did I mention it? Does it have any bearing on what I posted?

Did you have any difficulty with understanding my post? Any of the words too big?

OK - for those members with the reading age of a blind chimpanzee.

Please - keep this forum for Yaris related discussions.

And dont do stupid **** like this, and drag things off topic.

please? :yes:

and use the SEARCH FUNCTION!

have to agree with rob, there is a lot of people comming on and asking the same thing over and over again, now i know there Yaris related and they may need help with it and thats what we are here for, is to help and share ideas with each other but it get so annoying reading post that are repeated over and over again e.g (and i`m not picking on anyone) but like people asking about Turbo/Supercharges for a TS, its being covered so many times will ye do a :censor: SEARCH and matt :thumbsup: for the site and say sorry as i do go off topic a lot

Yeah, very good point, there's so much stuff that's already been covered on here before many current members (including myself) found the site, its amazing the amount of info you can find by doing a search or 2.

Yeah, very good point, there's so much stuff that's already been covered on here before many current members (including myself) found the site, its amazing the amount of info you can find by doing a search or 2.

another good point is people repeating something that's already been said in the same thread...some threads have the same comments from different people time and time again.

I agree the search function is there for a reason ;)

I think everyone (including me, and I'll admit it!) could make more of an effort to keep it on topic!

Thanks for the heads up though Matt.

Can I just say though, like Matt says, a lot of new visitors come from Google searches etc etc and may have a question, which they post and they dont know to search - some people are incredibly rude to these new members by posting stuff like "Do a search" - surely it would be much more polite to answer the question and then put "PS This question has been asked before, next time do a search".... just replying "Do a search" is downright rude and if that'd been said to me on my first post I wouldnt bother coming back!

Just a thought! :yes:

I think everyone (including me, and I'll admit it!) could make more of an effort to keep it on topic!

Can I just say though, like Matt says, a lot of new visitors come from Google searches etc etc and may have a question, which they post and they dont know to search - some people are incredibly rude to these new members by posting stuff like "Do a search" - surely it would be much more polite to answer the question and then put "PS This question has been asked before, next time do a search".... just replying "Do a search" is downright rude and if that'd been said to me on my first post I wouldnt bother coming back!

Just a thought!  :yes:

Nah, I wouldn't take too much offence if some1 said that to me, I suppose it depends how it is said

Thanks for that Matt, will try and make more of an effort.

I agree with Em about being a bit more polite like that..I must admit that when I first came here for a good while I didnt realise there even was a search button :rolleyes:

Nah, I wouldn't take too much offence if some1 said that to me, I suppose it depends how it is said

People won't know how it's being said.. they are reading it... and putting a :P at the end of it might not make it appear in fun either. People will interp.. interprat... take it differently.. so i think DA's idea is more suited.. being polite never hurt anyone, did it?

need to 'forum wally' presentation back, did a search but the original link was broken :(