Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alarm Timer ?

TKD BANDIT

Hi i have a 98 celica ST202 with a standard factory alarm

the question is there a clock in the alarm system because what ever time i set the alarm with or without interior guard it goes off between 9 -9.30 in the morning i know its now resonance from other vehicles as i live in a cul-de-sac and no vehicles are around @ this/that time checked for flies & cats

ANY IDEAS ?

ps ive done a reset no differance

no timer that I'm aware of, a few standard things to do though:

1) make sure you've got no coins in the ashtray (seriously because of the close proximity to the sensor it really messes things up)

2) Adjust the sensitivity - pull the gear lever gaiter off and adjust the little screw on the alarm box

no timer that I'm aware of, a few standard things to do though:

1) make sure you've got no coins in the ashtray (seriously because of the close proximity to the sensor it really messes things up)

2) Adjust the sensitivity - pull the gear lever gaiter off and adjust the little screw on the alarm box

Coins in the 'drinks holder' recess on the centre console certainly affected the alarm on my Gen 7. I think they must somehow channel any interference.

I'd also wonder what happens at that time every morning; electric milk float somewhere in the neighbourhood? Or someone else unlocks their car or opens their garage with remote controller or something like that perhaps?

Coins affect the sensor, because it's emitting ultra sonic waves and reading how they return - any change and it sets the alarm off. The coins move very slightly with vibrations from anything and they really distort the waves and therefore set the alarm off. If I leave coins in the ashtray I can gaurantee that the alarm will go off, if I don't it doesn't

lol to all your reply`s there are no coins im broke

but seriously i can set watch to it between 9am -10-am evan weekends

the alarm will go off no matter what time i set alarm 2.am or 6 pm this alarm will sound

:ph34r:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links