Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Cynos Owner

denzincynos

Hi All. Im Danny just bought a jap cynos 1991 i think.Its a 5e fhe model el44 1.5 16v! Ive only just joined this site as Ive been looking for people who own these rare cars in the uk anyway.

I do have a question about it, My car currently has no stereo just a load of wires with no iso connector or block etc. I have just purchased a jvc exad stereo for my cynos and I wanted to know if any1 has any ideas what wires are wot? Or can someone tell where I can get an iso connector for my car.

I will be posting pics soon the car itself looks great and is in excellent condition. Ive got 16inch bsa cobra alloy wheels on and it has a racing spoiler on too. It may also need new brake pads to pass mot as the cynos is currently off the road!

Oh and I have to say black is the best colour for this car anybody agree?

Anybody even close to me own a cynos?

Well I hope to be around on here often and I hope you lot can help cheers

Danny

• 2 weeks later...

AUTOLEADS-PC2-17-4-toyota

Hi All. Im Danny just bought a jap cynos 1991 i think.Its a 5e fhe model el44 1.5 16v! Ive only just joined this site as Ive been looking for people who own these rare cars in the uk anyway.

I do have a question about it, My car currently has no stereo just a load of wires with no iso connector or block etc. I have just purchased a jvc exad stereo for my cynos and I wanted to know if any1 has any ideas what wires are wot? Or can someone tell where I can get an iso connector for my car.

I will be posting pics soon the car itself looks great and is in excellent condition. Ive got 16inch bsa cobra alloy wheels on and it has a racing spoiler on too. It may also need new brake pads to pass mot as the cynos is currently off the road!

Danny

You should shift over to the PASEO/CYNOS forum as you may 'get lost' amongst the sea of other models on the general forum.

AUTOLEADS-PC2-17-4-toyota ;)

Try here for a ISO/Toyota connector they're ~£10.

• 3 years later...

Danny

Hi Danny,

I own a similar cynos beta to you (EL44 automatic Black), I'm in Derby.

It blew up last week on the motorway, and garages don't seem keen to get involved with it.

I'm going to have to find a new engine for it or take it apart myself and hope it's just a head gasket.

Anyway, I don't have a lot of cofidence that I will be able to sort it out myself.

I can probably take the music system out and look at the wiring if you're still stuck with that.

Any ideas greatly welcome,

cheers, sarge

Sarge,

this may help you get it sorted.

the 5E engine is very straight forward to work on - and your local garages are all chickens !!!!! :D

>>5E Engine Manual<<

Good luck

Thanks for the manual, that should give me a fighting chance, in case it turns out that my engine is a write-off

anyone got any ideas where to source another one ?

Compression tests show no compression on 2 cyls and very little on the other 2 and water from cooling system is going in.

I am right in thinking that these cynos cars have to be saved at all costs ???? aren't I ??

thanks again, sarge

if it's a 5E-FHE you're after then the best place to ask is at www.toyotasera.co.uk in the forum there. I think there's a guy near Manchester got one for sale at the moment.

I don't know much about the Cynos, but if it's good enough to save then surely it's worth keeping .