Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Id

millie

Hi i was wondering if anyone can help me id an engine that is currently fitted into a range rover i have been told it may be an early landcruiser engine, it is a 4cyl diesel and has 11411-56020 cast in the block also a large letter B and stamped on the top of the block 0237459.

Any help would be a big help as service and maintenence is impossible as i cannot buy parts Thanks Brian

Hi i was wondering if anyone can help me id an engine that is currently fitted into a range rover i have been told it may be an early landcruiser engine, it is a 4cyl diesel and has 11411-56020 cast in the block also a large letter B  and stamped on the top of the block 0237459.

Any help would be a big help as service and maintenence is impossible as i cannot buy parts            Thanks   Brian

Hi Brian The B diesel is one of toyotas most well known engines.

The B is the oldest version followed by 2B, 2BII ,3B.

The number stamped on the block sounds like the part number for engine or block.

This engine was used in 70s Landcruisers,Dyna trucks and Coaster buses.

It was also used to power refridgeration units on semi trailers.

I would scour the truck and bus scrappers and see if you can find an identical engine.

I dont see why Toyota UK cant get parts if you tell them the year.

Try that engine number 11411-56020 in their computer.

There is also an enormous amount of aftermarket parts around if you know how to source them.

Nippondenso should be able to supply you with fuel injection components,alternats and starter motor parts.

Any fuel injection shop would recognise your injector pump engine

Here is the best 4 sites for info on toyota.

http://www.birfield.com -navigate to index -TLCFAQ-engine specs

http://forum.ih8mud.com/ - try the international forum .There are B series diesel experts there and part numbers.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/adherence.4x4/index.htm -parts diagrams and manuals in english

http://www.brian894x4.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sorry i haven't been able to get to the computer for a while but many thanks for the links . My engine is indeed an early B diesel :D and parts are easily available

Thanks again Brian

• 1 month later...

Before I commit myself to rebuilding and installing this engine could someone confirm that it is going to be a strong reliable unit as changing it afterwards will be a major job.

I am not looking for performance here just reliability.

Thanks Brian

Before I commit myself to rebuilding and installing this engine could someone confirm that it is going to be a strong reliable unit as changing it afterwards will be a major job.

I am not looking for performance here just reliability.

Thanks  Brian

Brian there is definately no weak points on a B motor.

When they get old they crack cyl heads but usually it doesnt affect the engine.

Most australian kids went to school in a B powered bus.

Personally I would have used a 3B for the extra power

Thanks that has put my mind at rest ,as for power my engine has an air research turbo fitted so it should have plenty for what i need

Thanks again Brian

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links