Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi All

JamesGTi

Just found these forums today and can already see they are going to be useful!!

I've owned my Gen 5 GTi16 now for 2 months and haven't had that much luck with it!

But thats old cars for you!!

Only pic I have is when I first got it - it's done 156000 miles and is still pulling strong!

Original clutch has just gone at 155,000! Expensive job but I got an uprated jap-spec valeo clutch fitted and had a service done too.

Only mods I've done are smoked repeaters and 3inch powerflow exhaust.

Celica.jpg

I've seen a few Carlos Sainz(?) reps on google when searching for mods and would ideally like to get it to that sort of look once I've sorted everything out mechanically!!

If anyone could post any links on where to buy stuff for it I'd appreciate it!

I'm looking to try and fit RX8 17's on it if they will fit? I can get some extremely cheap and would think it would set it off nicely!!!

OH and it's my birthday today!

Happy Birthday me!!

Cheers!

WELCOME TO TOC :thumbsup:

Your Celica is still a baby - For my other car, I have a 1991 Gen 5 which has just done 197,000 miles....... :eek:

They go on forever :yes:

Welcome to TOC James. :D

Car looks great.

Don't think you can call needing a new clutch at 155,000 bad luck. Hopefully it will be fine now though - those are very reliable cars as a rule so you should be OK.

Morning James... Welcome to TOC :thumbsup: Nice looking car. Black really suits the Gen 5.

RX8 wheels wont fit. The PCD on those is 5 x 114 the Celicas is 5 x 100 which is a nuisance considering they fit the MR2 and a few other Toyotas.

Where did you get your smoked side repeaters?? :)

Morning James... Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:  Nice looking car. Black really suits the Gen 5.

RX8 wheels wont fit. The PCD on those is 5 x 114 the Celicas is 5 x 100 which is a nuisance considering they fit the MR2 and a few other Toyotas.

Where did you get your smoked side repeaters??  :)

Thanks mate, yeah I wasn't sure they'd fit!

Smoked repeaters I got from Carnoisseur they are direct replacements for the MR2 all they needed was a little glue round the backing rubber and they are a perfect fit.

I'm still desperately trying to find some skirts, a spoiler and a front bumper!! and any other aftermarket mods I can do to it!

Performance wise you`ll be pretty well limited to a free flow air filter and a decent exhaust. To get significant power gains out of an N/A car will cost mucho spondoolics. :yes:

Body kits... Best bet really is to browse the good old WWW. Try typing ST182 into google and see what pops up. There`s a wealth of information out there, It`s just a matter of finding it. :thumbsup:

Performance wise you`ll be pretty well limited to a free flow air filter and a decent exhaust. To get significant power gains out of an N/A car will cost mucho spondoolics.  :yes:

Body kits... Best bet really is to browse the good old WWW. Try typing ST182 into google and see what pops up. There`s a wealth of information out there, It`s just a matter of finding it.  :thumbsup:

Ohhhhhh The gen 5 shape just ouzes sex appeal and Black just adds that finishing touch. :thumbsup: