Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Hate Petrol Pumps

gordypix

This'll make ya chuckle............................... :yes:

Went for a nice leasurley drive with my GF, Sam, up to Hunstanton today for an Ice Cream and Fish 'n' Chips. Beats the heck out of hanging around in Dreary Harlow on a sunny day.

So I got in the Gen 7 and hit the road - Glanced at the fuel gauge and it was saying just below Half-full. OK, I thought - I'll find a Shell Optimax Pump on route somewhere.....................

NOTE TO ALL OPTIMAX LOVERS: Norfolk doesnt have any !Removed! Shell Stations - NOT where I was anyway.......................

So I am driving out of Hunstanton on the way home (sun still shining) and I spot a BP garage - So I pull in to put a tenner of Ultimate (next best liquid) into the Celica.............Just enough to get me back to the Harlow Shell Station.

Are y'all with me.............Don't go to the fridge now................ :lol:

I pop the petrol door, unscrew the petrol cap...........................

Remove the Ultimate Nozzle..........................

Insert aforementioned Ultimate nozzle into petrol tank..................

Pull Trigger.........................

Juice goes in......................CLICK..............Flow stops..............

Pull again....................Juice goes in.......CLICK.............Flow Stops...............

Getting annoying this stop-starting of the Petrol flow................... :yes:

I glance at the pump readout - £3.00 gone in so far............... :wacko:

PULL the trigger once more..................

Glance back at the car.......................

And............

O BUGGER..................DID - I EVER GET IT................... :eek:

The nozzle seemed to EXPLODE and all the fuel jettisoned itself back out of the Tank and soaked me head to foot.....................First thing I did was chuck the nozzle across the forecourt....................

The attendant saw me do that and came running out.................. :eek:

"AIR BLOCK in ya tank?" he said.......................

:ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

NOTE TO SELF: Stick to Issy Miyake in future - Ultimate is NOT a good alternative for After-shave............... :lol::lol::lol:

Luckily I had some spare clothes in the boot :yes:

MORAL of this story is: Always give the air in ya tank time to escape - expecially on a hot day before filling up.

And, NO - There are NO Pictures of me covered in Petrol................... :lol:

damn man... you lucky you werent next to anythign too hot to ignite it!!.. bet that was scary bud..

hehe, bet that woulda bin a funny sight! :D

Just glad nowt whent up in flames!

on a side note 99.9p for optimax. or bp ultimate... :crybaby:

-Z

And, NO - There are NO Pictures of me covered in Petrol................... :lol:

Yes there is... the CCTV footage will show you in all your glory :lol: look out for it coming to a crap tv program in the near future :lol:

poor you gordy, if fuel isnt expensive enough as it is yours went to waste all over you, and fuel doesnt taste nice does it?

Ewwwww!

Saying that though, I always liked the smell of petrol.... maybe your on to something Gordy?

GordyBrand Aftershave.... splash it on.... and the petrolheads will love you! :thumbsup:

Yeuchh!!!!!. Lucky you don`t wear Shell suits mate....(????) All that static. :eek: All jokes aside thats a dodgy situation. They ought to have big notices up warning peeps. :yes:

You know what - The chap said afterwards that Mobiles are a massive risk on the forecourt again because of the higer power they emit nowadays.

A month ago somewhere in this country or Europe, a man spilt fuel, his phone went off in his shirt and his car, wife and kid were burnt alive.

You were luck, you could have gone up like a Formula 1 pit stop :D :( :( .

Used to work in a petrol station and could you tell people about phones? could you :censor: ...

Used to have this picture of a petrol station in the States that blew up because of one, flattening the town to a mile radius...

Every day we'd see the picture but we were'nt allowed to put it in the shop :rolleyes: certainly would have helped with making the point!!!

A month ago somewhere in this country or Europe, a man spilt fuel, his phone went off in his shirt and his car, wife and kid were burnt alive.

:eek:

Good job your phone didnt go off then gordy! :)

on a side note 99.9p for optimax. or bp ultimate... :crybaby:

darren got optimax yesterday and it was £1.05 :o

:censor: hell, sounds like a lucky escape, I've never even heard of air block, that's something I'll have to look out for

I am going to be phoning Toyota tomorrow to let them know and ask if this is normal to expect or if there could be a problem. I ain't taking NO chances. :yes:

Had to pay for it as it is NOT a BP problem.........

I let him fill the rest up.............. :yes:

lol :lol: sorry mate but it would have been funny

and i think the phone thing is a farce, what about the umpteen million electronic operations, static, and sparks going off in the thousamds of cars that roll through everyday???

lol :lol: sorry mate but it would have been funny

and i think the phone thing is a farce, what about the umpteen million electronic operations, static, and sparks going off in the thousamds of cars that roll through everyday???

I agree - It was funny - Looking back............. :lol::lol:

and I don't really believe the phone thing either but what does anyone REALLY know.............. :wacko: :bookworm:

Eau Du BP....

:D

Didn't they test the phone theory?

I think it's summit like a 1 in a billion chance of it happeneing or summit.

Either way - how many of us turn our phones off on the forecourt nowadays?

If petrol stations were really that bothered, I would've thought they'd stick some form of scrambler in to stop incoming mobile phone calls (as in, so mobile phones don't get a signal)....

You can get air in the tank, that I know.

It's happened to me on the bike. Going along, and then it bogs down, and starts up again. Got a filter on the petrol tank/ fuel line, and the carbs were clean, so it wasn't gunk, and the tank was full.

Only happened the once though.

i like the smell of petrol too but not that much Gordy :lol:

Like you say you can laugh now, but bet it wasnt so funny at the time :huh:

Wow Gordy hun, Glad your ok, bet Sam had kittens, I didnt know this kind of thing could happen. I will be more careful in the future :thumbsup: