Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Hate Petrol Pumps

gordypix

The phone theory is false, i saw it on brainic, they covered a caravan in petrol and put a phone in and rang it,

Nothing

So they put 20 phones in it and rang them all

Nothing

so they got a man in a Shell suit to run about a bit, poked him with some wire

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG

I work in the oil industry and I have seen many video clips from filling stations where cars have exploded and been burnt out due to mobiles going off, static from the car ect.

Although the experiment with the caravan failed, I wouldnt believe for one second that this couldnt happen, in fact I would say that this could happen quite easily.

On our refinery nothing electrically is allowed on site unless it is intrisically safe and mobile phones certainly are not, if we use 11 volt cordless drills they have to be intrisically safe and gas test have to prove negative before they can begin work outside.

Before I fill up everytime I switch mobile off and touch body work of car to ensure no static before opening fuel cap.

To say this couldnt happen is foolish even with fuel pumps having VRU returns on nozzles nowadays.

Just a friendly warning and one I hope most will take note off

Safe journeys

Oddness Gordy, cant say I have ever come across the car spitting the petrol back out again.... obviously didnt like BP very much :P

Glad you are ok tho... I kinda like the smell of petrol... but as kimi said.. not -that- much :P

Beats me nearly having a heart attack at our local Shell garage... Optimax at £1.00.9p per litre :( not as bad as Blaze n Darren..... but still... oh dear oh dear :(

Lol Moffmo.

I wouldn't rely on Brainiac for being the world's leading authority on incidents involving static and petrol pump safety....

:D

I didnt even know you were meant to let hot air escape! I filled up on Friday and didnt have a problem.

Thanks for the laugh tho ;)

ps: didnt know you were in Harlow, my Brother lives in Ware so I'm often down that way.

I didnt even know you were meant to let hot air escape! I filled up on Friday and didnt have a problem.

Thanks for the laugh tho ;)

ps: didnt know you were in Harlow, my Brother lives in Ware so I'm often down that way.

I'm between Ware & Harlow :thumbsup: