Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Hiace Camper Van 1977

Conrad23

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and looking for front brake parts for my Toyota Hiace Camper van 1977. It has 2 wheel cylinders per drum and I need to rerubber or replace all 4. I also need to get new shoes as they've been leaked on. Any ideas or leads?

Many Thanks,

Conrad

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and looking for front brake parts for my Toyota Hiace Camper van 1977. It has 2 wheel cylinders per drum and I need to rerubber or replace all 4. I also need to get new shoes as they've been leaked on. Any ideas or leads?

Many Thanks,

Conrad

Are you in UK? Try your local motor factors. I've been able to get discs, pads, shoes and wheel cylinders for my 77 celica without too much trouble. The discs were ADL blueprint brand and the cylinders were Motad? or something like that. Some of the parts are used on other toyotas of different years. My celica cylinders were the same as a liteace, for example. Don't forget your Toyota dealer too.

Good luck

Al

• 4 months later...

I had the same problem - seems you can't get them from toyota any more - i found some in an old school car spares shop gathering dust on the top shelf - as for relining I got my shoes relined by friction services in Bristol. I have a set of (seized) 1 1/8 wheel cylinders off a scrap van - they don't fit my van so if they fit yours and you want them then make me an offer

heskethcole@hotmail.com

best wishes

jools

Hi Everyone,

Many Thanks,

Conrad

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Many Thanks,

Conrad

Conrad,

I have a 1977 camper too, only mine is complicated by the fact that no toyota dealer can work out what model it actually is which means that they are currently refusing to supply me any parts in case they are the wrong ones! Their EPC (which you can download of the internet - very useful!) begins in Feb 1977, and my body work is older than that, so I have guessed that mine is a January 1977 model which explains why they cant find it on their system.... but I obtained a paper copy of the parts catalogue going back to 1971, and I am still none the wiser.

Reference brakes: Toyota supplied me a cylinder kit to rerubber a cylinder last year, and they are still quoting these parts as available. The refurb kit was 17 pounds and the cylinder was quoted at 45 quid. The front brake shoes are still available from your local auto parts store, I got a set supplied by HQ for 20 quid. Rear brake cylinders are available for about 10 quid each.

Having said all that I would be interested to know how you got on, because I am fixing my brakes again.

best regards

Keith

Refurb Kit for Front Drum Brake Cylinders

Toyota Catalogue Part Number - 47510K actual part number 04473-26010 price 19.19 (2006) 13

(definitely available as in pysical parts have been seen)

Cylinder Front RH - 47520 - 53.53 (2006) (computer say it is available)

Cylinder Rear RH - 47510

Cylinder Front LH - 57540

Cylinder Rear LH - 47530

hi I also have a camper which has bin stud for years never got the time to do work on it never will I think :crybaby: its a 1977 model, just a bit of welding need doing to it but never get the time to carry the work out. :wacko:

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I'm searching for a new fibre timing gear for my 1974 1600 cc Toyota Hiace camper van.

Alternatively, a new engine - is there one that will fit?

thanks

• 2 months later...

The Toyota Hiace is an automobile that was first produced by the Toyota Motor Corporation in 1967. The vehicle is available in a wide range of models, such as a wagon, van, minibus, taxi, ambulance or motorhome. Due to its reliability and ability to cope with a wide range of terrain, the Hi-Ace is one of Africa's most common vehicles, primarily being employed as a minivan taxi. The relativly cheap pricetag, coupled with widespread parts availability allow this vehicle to serve as public transport for millions of Africans.

-----------------------------------------------------

Stellathomas

Car Auctions

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Everyone,

Many Thanks,

Conrad

Good luck finding the cylinder rubbers however i have the brake shoes spare if i can find them from my 1976 Hiace Long base Commuter.

• 5 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I am rebuilding a 1977 Hiace camper and would like a diagram or photos that show the top end of the engine. I have returned the camper back to petrol from gas and lost all the photos I took of the engine before I disassembled it around three years ago, when a virus hit my computer. I need mainly pictures of of vacuum pipework and crankcase breather pipe layout around carby.

Would appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks

Dave

• 1 month later...

i need the column shift handle for my crown, i have a feeling its the same one in the early hiace models. let me know if anyone of you comes across one. thanks

• 2 months later...

I think they have it here at this toyota parts dealer's site. Try checking that out. Well, I also think, almost all local dealers have it. So you can just try visiting some local dealers near you.

• 7 months later...

I have a 1978 hiace, it is a campervan. We need the bracket that that swivels on the sliding door as ours has no wheels on it. very frustrating indeed.

• 4 years later...

Addendum to this topic for future reference...

After years of fire-fighting brake cylinder leaks, I just sent all four of my front brake cylinders off to past parts to be refurbished and re-sleeved in stainless steel. This has got to be the better option in the longer term. The cost is about £45 per cylinder.

http://www.pastparts.co.uk/reman.htm

Keith

• 1 year later...

Any of you guys help with a carb for the 18r engine please?