Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm Fob

shazza1

:help: I have a toyota rav 4 1998 one fob for the alarm has never worked and the other is slowly giving up the ghost and I have to wave it around like a mad woman to get it to unlock! Ive changed the Battery in both but that hasnt made any difference does any one know whats wrong and what I can do about it???

my dad was told at the dealers that I would have to take the car in but I dont think it has anything to do with the parts in the car and I dont feel this needs to be done I have already been ripped off by them on repairs once before and ended up paying a fortune for something I could of had done else where cheaper.

:help:  I have a toyota rav 4 1998 one fob for the alarm has never worked and the other is slowly giving up the ghost and I have to wave it around like a mad woman to get it to unlock! Ive changed the battery in both but that hasnt made any difference does any one know whats wrong and what I can do about it???

my dad was told at the dealers that I would have to take the car in but I dont think it has anything to do with the parts in the car and I dont feel this needs to be done I have already been ripped off by them on repairs once before and ended up paying a fortune for something I could of had done else where cheaper.

Seperate each fob (make sure car is unlocked first)

With the fob side with the Battery on disconnected from the side with the buttons on, press the buttons one after the other lock - unlock - lock - unlock for about 10secs as fast as you can (this discharges the fob)

Rebuild each key fob

Stand at the drivers window and press and hold the lock button for 10 secs & then 1 single press of the unlock button and it should code ;)

:help:  I have a toyota rav 4 1998 one fob for the alarm has never worked and the other is slowly giving up the ghost and I have to wave it around like a mad woman to get it to unlock! Ive changed the battery in both but that hasnt made any difference does any one know whats wrong and what I can do about it???

With the fob side with the Battery on disconnected from the side with the buttons on, press the buttons one after the other lock - unlock - lock - unlock for about 10secs as fast as you can (this discharges the fob)

Rebuild each key fob

Stand at the drivers window and press and hold the lock button for 10 secs & then 1 single press of the unlock button and it should code ;)

Rebuild each key fob

• 2 months later...

[Top man I had same prob. Fob just stoped working for no reason. Followed your guide and was a very happy Eagle in about 15 seconds. Cant thank you enough The eagle, Mrs Eagle and all my eaglets are very very HAPPY :D :D :D :Dquote=shazza1,Sep 10 2005, 11:31 AM]

Rebuild each key fob

Just had the same problem with my 96 Celica - fobs working one minute - not the next - found various fob reset methods but this one sorted it - thank you very much :yes:

ahh think i need to do this, but ive swapped the lock an unlock rubbers round so much an not used the fob for so long that now i dont know which is which,

so whats the left button

and whats the right button,

(with the LED being at the top)

ahh think i need to do this, but ive swapped the lock an unlock rubbers round so much an not used the fob for so long that now i dont know which is which,

so whats the left button

this method will not work on Yaris or other Toyota's with the buttons built into the key

Theres a sequence of doors opening & closing and ignition on/off to code these in

so whats the left button

this method will not work on Yaris or other Toyota's with the buttons built into the key

Theres a sequence of doors opening & closing and ignition on/off to code these in

nah its for the rav but ive done it now trial and error,

:thumbsup:

Hi

I am the owner of a Toyota Landcruiser Colorado VX 1997 (P). Recently I purchased and original alarm fob part number 08191-00880, this is the one where there are two buttons on the fob and the buttons have arrows ( <> unlock and lock).

The steps I took to register the fob to the alarm is :

Unlock the car

Hold Lock button until LED starts to flash press unlock.

Even if i do it the other way round the fob is not registering. Any Ideas.

P.S. The alarm FOB is brand new.

Hi

I am the owner of a Toyota Landcruiser Colorado VX 1997 (P).  Recently I purchased and original alarm fob part number 08191-00880, this is the one where there are two buttons on the fob and the buttons have arrows ( <> unlock and lock).

Unlock the car

Even if i do it the other way round the fob is not registering.  Any Ideas.

It needs to be coded in properly

Theres a switch on the alarm ecu thats needs tripping to allow new fobs to code

otherwise anyone with a fob could code it in stood by your car

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I am the owner of a Toyota Landcruiser Colorado VX 1997 (P).  Recently I purchased and original alarm fob part number 08191-00880, this is the one where there are two buttons on the fob and the buttons have arrows ( <> unlock and lock).

Unlock the car

Even if i do it the other way round the fob is not registering.  Any Ideas.

It needs to be coded in properly

Theres a switch on the alarm ecu thats needs tripping to allow new fobs to code

otherwise anyone with a fob could code it in stood by your car

:( Does anyone know where I can find the ECU? I've just got a spare fob for my Rav off eBay. I've tried to code it following the instructions above, but it hasn't worked. Shutty, you said there's a switch on the ECU. Where is it?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Brilliant solution - thanks, this would have cost me £60 at a main dealer!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:help: I have a toyota rav 4 1998 one fob for the alarm has never worked and the other is slowly giving up the ghost and I have to wave it around like a mad woman to get it to unlock! Ive changed the battery in both but that hasnt made any difference does any one know whats wrong and what I can do about it???