Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Induction Kit

Jones~32

Hi All,

I've got a Corolla GXI and im considering an induction kit, but im unsure as to which one is going to benefit my car, im after a performance increase more than induction noise if that helps...

I was wondering what induction kits you guys use as I believe the Gen 6 Celica ST uses the 7a-fe like my Corolla?

And are there any induction kits to stay away from, etc?

Any help is much appreciated

Cheers :thumbsup:

Mike

The celica 1.8 st does use the 7A-FE but it might be a bit different. The Carina uses a 7A-FE but it's a lean-burn engine, which has different injectors and some other bits.

Induction kits generally aren't recommended for the celica, a decent panel filter gets more gains.

:eek: i have to agree, a pannel filter will be the best. i fitted the new piper induction ket to my gen7 190 and the car would nt run properly, all the toyota gang from my area have had the same sorts of problems. i.ve now drilled my air box and fitted a green cotton filter.

Thanks guys, Sotal, i know my version of the 7AFE is different from the Carina because mine has 118BHP as oppose to 105 in the Carina?

When putting in a replacement panel filter, do you notice any difference in performance? and do you leave all of the original air intake in place?

Thanks

Mike

To see if you have the same looking engine check out this post:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42241

I kept the stock filter in mine, but the ones who have changed often add a 2nd cool air feed. The general recommendation is to drill a 3" hole in the bottom of the air box and feed a tube into it from the grille in the bumper. This gives more cold air, and the filter then is less restrictive than the stock filter so you get more air through without getting the heat soak you get from an induction kit

To see if you have the same looking engine check out this post:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42241

I kept the stock filter in mine, but the ones who have changed often add a 2nd cool air feed. The general recommendation is to drill a 3" hole in the bottom of the air box and feed a tube into it from the grille in the bumper. This gives more cold air, and the filter then is less restrictive than the stock filter so you get more air through without getting the heat soak you get from an induction kit

Thanks for that :thumbsup:

My engine looks like your one off the other thread, my Mum has a Carina 1.8 and mine does feel noticeably quicker than hers, so i think i have got the same one as the Celica,

I'll look for a panel filter then and start drilling my air box :D

Cheers