Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering Shaking

jimmymr2turbo

i wish driving round the corner the and i hit the kerb with my front left wheel and ever since then my steering wheel shakes quite bad and the faster i go the worse it gets if anyone knows what it is please let me know i would be very graeful

thanks oh by the way my car is a toyota mr2 turbo

Ok.. possibly 2 or 3 things...

1. You may simply have knocked off a balance weight and the the wheel re-balanced.. although the way that you are describing it, this seems unlikely.

2. You may have twisted the tyre.. check the tread of the tyre for high spots, the impact on the kerb doesn't need to be too hard for this to happen, its more the way in which the tyre catches it that does the damage.. new tyre required. (this, by the way you describe it, is most probable)

3. You may have buckled the rim... this can take quite a large impact to do this.. get the wheel checked by taking it to a tyre dealer, they will put it on a wheel balancer and check it for you... if it is buckled, get the ball joints/trackrod ends etc checked too, if the wheel is buckled, something else might be damaged too.

Also.. once you have the problem sorted out.. get the tracking/allignment checked, as hitting a kerb can knock it out.

Davy.

i wish driving round the corner the and i hit the kerb with my front left wheel and ever since then my steering wheel shakes quite bad and the faster i go the worse it gets if anyone knows what it is please let me know i would be very graeful

thanks oh by the way my car is a toyota mr2 turbo

I'm not sure what it is but whatever it is you need to get it looked at ASAP. It could be that you have just knocked a balancing weight off and need the wheels re-balancing but you'd only notice the shaking at a certain speed. It could also be the tracking, a damaged tyre or a buckled wheel or suspension damage which could be dangerous.

And you should get the tracking looked at as well :thumbsup:

jerry!!