Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Couple Of Questions (problems!)

JamesGTi

1. when I start the car from cold the car revs to just over 1250 and the low oil pressure light comes on for like 2 seconds and then it goes back out is this another expensive bill?

2.Mechanic told me both of my wheel bearings need to be replaced (they are to the point of scraping metal now!) but im not made of money!! How much do you think they will cost to replace?

3. There seems to be some sort of rattle coming from the offside front wheel when I drive I've looked and there looks to be something foreign there but I'm not sure what! (it's dark!)

4. The right hand hinge on my boot has snapped off completely and it's difficult and embarrassing to close! Wheres the best place to get one? (Toyota parts?)

5. The brake warning light intermittantly seems to come on now and then (!) <-- that one, could this be something to do with the rattle I'm hearing?

6.I'm looking to try and increase induction roar if possible, in the past I have drilled the airbox on my other cars to create more noise, is this advisable on these engines?

7. Exhausts, I currently have a powerflow system which is one its last legs (snapped) what would be the best option standard with backbox? or another 3" jobby.

8. ICE - How does one get at the front Speakers? I have accessed the tweeters and rear Speakers no problems but I cant seem to see a way to take the Speakers out of the front easily! - also do I need to buy any adaptors?

Some of these questions may seem very obvious but I am new to toyotas and am not that mechanically minded although I do try!!!

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

1. Probably OK, make sure to use a genuine oil filter - it might help. Idle speed should be about 1800 rpm though.

2. Shouldn't be too bad, but it will be a lot more expensive if you leave them until the hubs/driveshafts are damaged.

3. It might be dark round there, but we definitely can't see it from here (use a torch)!

4. Your car really has had a hard life hasn't it. Try TCB, look in the pinned section.

5. Never seen the brake warning light before. Do you mean the ABS light? It could be an ABS sensor hanging off, also causing the noise.

6. I wouldn't worry about that until you've sorted everything else out first.

7. Standard is OK, but a genuine toyota exhaust will cost more than a full stainless system. Consider a mongoose or scorpion system.

8. Are your Speakers in the doors or the dash?

1. Could be the oil filter

2. If the bearings are scraping, chances are you are going to need new hubs as well. £100 a side for hubs, plus bearings, plus fitting

3. Have a look and remove offending item

4. Scrapyard I would imagine

5. Not sure

6. Drilling airbox is fine. I have

7. Get another Powerflow (don't you have their 10yr guarantee?)

8. Not easy. But they will come out eventually. JBL's fit in nicely

1. when I start the car from cold the car revs to just over 1250 and the low oil pressure light comes on for like 2 seconds and then it goes back out is this another expensive bill?

2.Mechanic told me both of my wheel bearings need to be replaced (they are to the point of scraping metal now!) but im not made of money!! How much do you think they will cost to replace?

3. There seems to be some sort of rattle coming from the offside front wheel when I drive I've looked and there looks to be something foreign there but I'm not sure what! (it's dark!)

4. The right hand hinge on my boot has snapped off completely and it's difficult and embarrassing to close! Wheres the best place to get one? (Toyota parts?)

5. The brake warning light intermittantly seems to come on now and then (!) <-- that one, could this be something to do with the rattle I'm hearing?

6.I'm looking to try and increase induction roar if possible, in the past I have drilled the airbox on my other cars to create more noise, is this advisable on these engines?

7. Exhausts, I currently have a powerflow system which is one its last legs (snapped) what would be the best option standard with backbox? or another 3" jobby.

8. ICE - How does one get at the front speakers? I have accessed the tweeters and rear speakers no problems but I cant seem to see a way to take the speakers out of the front easily! - also do I need to buy any adaptors?

Some of these questions may seem very obvious but I am new to toyotas and am not that mechanically minded although I do try!!!

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

1. Ok as soon as I have cash then I will get a genuine toyota filter.

3. Was a WHEELNUT that had come lose and was rattling about in the wheel cover!

I have not managed to solve any of the other queries!

RE: ICE the Speakers are in the dash.

RE: ICE the speakers are in the dash.

Taking out the glove box should make it obvious how the passenger side speaker is removed, not so sure on the drivers side.

RE: ICE the speakers are in the dash.

Taking out the glove box should make it obvious how the passenger side speaker is removed, not so sure on the drivers side.

Drivers side... Just prise off the speaker grille, clips in from the bottom with locating lugs at the top.... if i recall correctly :unsure: . Speaker should be secured with 4 screws. Managed to find some Kenwood 100W replacements with the help of my local ICE shop.. :thumbsup: