Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Thankyou To The Yaris Peeps

Al J

Hi, I've been away for six weeks on my hols in Wales. Nevertheless, I kept up with emails and PMs and also had time to play about with my car. Thanks go to so many people who contributed to threads I started but here's a list of honourable mentions...

Kimi for the Devil Horns

Steve for finding my other set of Devil Horns and sending them on.

Demonic Angel for inspiration to go with Yaris etched glass effect vinyl.

Yarisldc for emailing me photos of his car's mirrors to help my whistling mirrors problem.

Blue84 for posting pics and advice regarding the mirrors and asking Yves to give me some more help....

Yvvan who then PMed me a step by step guide (complete with photos!) to sorting the mirrors.

alanbradley and others for convincing me to get rid of that awful dealer sticker.

Loads of Yaris people for advice on my 'buzzy dashboard/windscreen'.

So, where are we now as a result? Well, youki now has...

Devil horns front and rear.

Yaris etched glass effect vinyl on rear side windows.

A cleaner looking rear window.

Door mirrors that don't whistle anymore and....

no more rattles or buzzing! :thumbsup:

When I got home there was a voicemail from Mr T asking if I was satisfied with the last lot of work done on my car. I look forward to telling them that I sorted it out with some help from TOC and a few double-sided sticky pads! :rolleyes: Finally, a few pics, first two on camera phone so sorry for quality.

youkietchedvinyl.jpgyoukihornsfront.jpg

youkirearwindow.jpg

Thanks again, people. :yes:

Youki is looking lovely Al :)

I still remember the first time I put Yaz's sticker up in front of the brake light.... seems like so long ago :P

I really am liking those yaris decals... :P

I fancy having something made up for the '2.... dunno what tho.. for her rear windows :P

No problem Al :thumbsup: was glad to help and I did get Yves to help too.

I really like those Yaris Decals too..may have to get some done.

No probs Al.... what happened to your Kanji stickers Al..... I've been thinking of those myself - did you ever get them ordered?

Good to see you back as well matey! Youki is looking Japtastic! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone. :thumbsup:

@ Chuck04 and JJ. Yes, I like the TOC sticker there. It lights up when you brake! Thanks to JJ who gave me the idea when I saw it on Yaz.

@ ЪV€ and Blue84. The Yaris vinyl stickers were a sod to put on because you've got to judge the angle to put them on at and... you get one chance! I do like the result though and they stay on when someone winds down the rear windows so they're flat! . ;)

@clarky, knightrider and Gnome. Cheers for the support. Yes, I've 'bonded' with the car now after a rocky start with trips to Mr T to get stuff sorted. The help I got here re the screen/dashboard was better!

The spoiler is the one I had fitted as an option for the Colour Collection. The one on Toyota's site in the Yaris accessories is similar but more rounded. I think this one looks a little 'tougher'! Mine's probably a later version. I'm sure Toyota could check it out for you, Gnome.

@ DA. Ah yeah, the Kanji. Well, er.... :rolleyes:

I screwed up (literally) the positioning on the nearside door so left the other one off. I may get back to that later.

Coming soon... the 'youki and Al on their holidays' thread with my latest big arty farty pics. You have been warned! :yes:

I look forward to seeing it!

No sure I was that much help though...

Cheers,

Alan

@ ЪV€ and Blue84. The Yaris vinyl stickers were a sod to put on because you've got to judge the angle to put them on at and... you get one chance! I do like the result though and they stay on when someone winds down the rear windows so they're flat! .  ;)

@ DA. Ah yeah, the Kanji. Well, er....  :rolleyes:

I screwed up (literally) the positioning on the nearside door so left the other one off. I may get back to that later.

Coming soon... the 'youki and Al on their holidays' thread with my latest big arty farty pics. You have been warned!  :yes:

Yaris stickers - too effing right Al - I had so much bother with mine because I swore they werent straight, but they are, its just the rim of the glass thats not, so I agree, they are a bugger to get right!

Kanji - well at least it came off ok without your paint Al! They're big though aswell arent they? I want to get little ones, but cant find anywhere that does custom ones, unless you know of a place?

Your welcome Al :thumbsup:

your yari's looking good bet you and the car both had a shock :eek:

going back to work after 6 weeks in sunny wales B) :lol::lol:

kimi :wub:

Yaris stickers - too effing right Al - I had so much bother with mine because I swore they werent straight, but they are, its just the rim of the glass thats not, so I agree, they are a bugger to get right!

Kanji - well at least it came off ok without your paint Al! They're big though aswell arent they? I want to get little ones, but cant find anywhere that does custom ones, unless you know of a place?

Yeah, came off no probs. My own fault, I was rushing. They weren't that big when put on the door, it would've been fine. It was from one of those links I gave you.

Your welcome Al  :thumbsup:

your yari's looking good bet you and the car both had a shock :eek:

going back to work after 6 weeks in sunny wales B)  :lol:  :lol:

kimi  :wub:

Oh, tell me about it! I've got a Year 7 form this year so I've been 'Uncle Al' to 25 eleven year olds all day on their first day at 'the big school'. :rolleyes: