Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Would I Need To Flush My Locks And Handles?

Richie (Paseo)

Just thinking if i might be getting a respray about flushing my locks and handles.

But what parts would i need to source and what would I have to do to do it?

Obviously I can just loose the locks as I have R/C/L(what happens if my Battery goes flat?) but how would I get the doors open?

Rich

most people splice two wires (one for + one for -) into the Battery loom and run them down the inside of front bumper, so that if your Battery goes flat u can just grab a slave Battery pull the wires down from under the bumper, and attach them to the slave battery. then you can open your doors again! :yes:

not a big fan of de locking personally, seems like a bit of a pain in the *****.

bcoz if u think about it if a theif wants to get in ur car hes left with 3 options,

1 smash the window, ......windows are expensive and costly to replace

2 screwdriver the lock, ......less expensive, sometimes the lock can be repaired, but at worst u'll need a new lock and a key for it.

3 bend the top of the door out and unlock it by hand. ..... most expensive to repair

but if u remove the locks the theif can only use the two most expensive methods to get in your car. rather than just damaging the lock.

thats the way i look at it anyway. :wacko:

Rich.

it ll be cheaper to replace your windows than to replace your locks esp if they damage your borywork when trying to break the lock.

You could also have little buttons on the bottom of the mirrors to open the doors, seen it done before looks very smart :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links