Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1992 Celica Help!

hmc7

i have a 1992 toyota celica. the radiator had rust in it, so i flushed it out. i changed the thermostat in it, also changed the plugs. it runs fine if im driving around in the city, but once i get on the highway, that temp gauge shoots up.when i slow back down, the temp goes back down. im gonna get a fuel pump in the morning for it, because i heard that if the car still runs hot after all that i done to it, then it is the fuel pump. how hard is it to install one?i can get a 93 celica gt parts car..with a good ratiator and fuel pump in it, but its the 2.2 engine. will the parts still fit up?

thanks alot.

Hello and welcome to the club, the boys in the know will be along shortly,(dont let me down lads) :group-cuddles: lol I am just the meeter and greeter :thumbsup:

MAYBE THE RADIATOR HAS A BLOCKAGE IN IT? WHICH THERMOSTAT DID YOU CHANGE? THE ONE FOR THE COOLING FAN IN THE RADIATOR OR THE ONE IN THE ENGINE?

I DON'T KNOW WHY THE FUEL PUMP WOULD HAVE ANY EFFECT ON THE COOLING

Can't see how the fuel pump can affect heating either. The two are not related in any way

Much more likely to be a blockage in the cooling system

i have a 1992 toyota celica. the radiator had rust in it, so i flushed it out. i changed the thermostat in it, also changed the plugs. it runs fine if im driving around in the city, but once i get on the highway, that temp gauge shoots up.when i slow back down, the temp goes back down. im gonna get a fuel pump in the morning for it, because i heard that if the car still runs hot after all that i done to it, then it is the fuel pump. how hard is it to install one?i can get a 93 celica gt parts car..with a good ratiator and fuel pump in it, but its the 2.2 engine. will the parts still fit up?

thanks alot.

First job would be to fit a new radiator, don't spend on the fuel pump for now, if its not the radiator i could be a circulation problem, if you say there is rust in the water, sounds like its been run without antifreeze and the engine block is going rusty from the inside.

Remove old radiator, put a garden hose in the lower radiator pipe and flush engine out, until water is clear, then fit new radiator, with the correct mix of antifreeze :)

thanks alot.

First job would be to fit a new radiator, don't spend on the fuel pump for now, if its not the radiator i could be a circulation problem, if you say there is rust in the water, sounds like its been run without antifreeze and the engine block is going rusty from the inside.

Remove old radiator, put a garden hose in the lower radiator pipe and flush engine out, until water is clear, then fit new radiator, with the correct mix of antifreeze :)

Seconded.. :D Agree with Bob. :thumbsup: