Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T-sport With Vvtl-i Engine?

Bluefly

Hello, everyone.

Not at all gen'd up on the auto trade, but recently bought an '02 Celica T-Sport VVTL-i in blue from a (non-Toyota) dealer, with full TSH. Insurance company says that the VVTL-i was not available in the UK in blue at year of registration, and my official Toyota Warranty booklet states that 'The Toyota vehicle.... was not imported into the UK by Toyota (GB) PLC.... Specs may differ from vehicles imported by Toyota (GB) PLC'. So, I know know I'm dealing with an import, and my ignorance of the trade is at fault here.

Still, I love the car, but would like to find out some more info on it's first days in the UK, and will write to DVLA. Can any of you offer any other suggestions? I have enigine version/variant numbers, if that helps.

Cheers.

Bluefly

First off... Welcome to the Club! :D

Surprised the T-Sport in Blue wasn't available, I'm sure I've seen some UK cars on 02 Plate, in Blue, with the TT Logo... Maybe they're right, but it does seem odd. Looks like getting in touch with the DVLA, or even the Dealer you got it from to try and gain more history on it could be good. The Dealer will have the contact details of the person they got it from, so perhaps they are worth a go to gain more info on its history.

Worth nothing, please don't post your full VIN on here, we're a nice bunch of people and won't mis-use it, but can't say the same for the rest of the 'nets inhabitants!

Good luck on your quest for history! :thumbsup:

hey i work at a Toyota Main dealer if ya want i can check the Spec of the car and what country it was built for, you can PM me VIN number if ya want me to check it for you, no Prob :thumbsup:

VIN Numbers... Dangerous territory....! They can take over your bank accounts, and credit cards. Destroy your marriage, and take your kids... Have you killed to take over you life, do your job, and basically become you... Damn those pesky illegal immigrants (sorry of that offends!)

Seriously, if someone has a nicked Celica of roughly the same spec and colour as yours, they might be looking to swap the VINs before they sell it on to make theirs look a little more credible if the buyer were to do any checks on it (essentially they would be doing checks on yours based on the VIN supplied).

Like I say, we're a pretty nice bunch here, only in to harmless mischeif, but please don't post any important information such as that on a publically accessible forum.

To find out if your car is UK or JDM vehicle, take a look at the site below, and find out what your FRAME number is (may say MODEL CODE ), this is stamped on the silver chassis plate, in your engine bay...let us know what you find :)

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/toyota/celica/1999_9/

Bob

Just had a quick look on my UK Reg. Cert. , and have found ZZT230RXXXXXXX, which is akin to stuff I saw on that site you posted. is this what I'm meant to be looking for? i will post the rest of this - PM or otherwise - if anyone assures me this is safe.

B'fly

welcome to TOC Bluefly :group-cuddles:

hope you sort your car out but as said before me Please dont post your

VIN number on here.

and JDM = japanese domestic market

kimi :wub:

Would it be kosher to flesh out the rest of the frame number??

no dont post it up in the public form, PM it to someone if you want them to check it out :thumbsup: , i can do it it ya like, i like to say that most of the lads here will tell ya that i honest enough to not tell anyone what it is. i work at a main dealer so it is easy for me to look it up, i you would like me to it id be more that happy to look it up for ya :yes:

Camshaft.

Any info?

Bluey

:lol: will ya at least give me a chance to get a cup of coffee :thumbsup:

just find the model code from the list above this will tell you its a grey import and weather its a SS-I or SS-II model.

In Japan they don't use the 140 or 190 Badge, their SS-I is our 140, and the SS-II is our 190 ,add to that, both japanese models are also sold as automatics :) .

On the silver plate in the engine bay, there is a long number comprising figures and letters; it is also dotted about the bay on small stickers. I take this to be the VIN number? Additionally, there is 'Model: ZZT231-R-BLFVF(W)'. Underneath is another number beginning 8M6XXXX-XXXXXX, and even more stuff separated by asterisks.

Plate is captioned by N.V. Toyota Europe Marketing and Engineering S.A.

Have done a search and found that N.V. Toyota exists in Belgium. If this is an import car, why doesn't it say so on my Reg. Cert?

Seems your car could be a japanese grey import, not sure what the "R" in the middle means, or the "W" at the end , if it had Z at the end, then it would of has a sports suspension fitted ,call Super Stut Suspension .

...have you got any photo's of your car you can show us :) .

Thanks for your help, everyone. I'd up load a photo, but I can't seem to see a way to do it without needing a URL. Any help?

Bluey

Far easier to tell if your corolla T sport was a European Manufacturd or Japan.

Look at the VIN number. If it starts SB1 then it was made in Europe

**Bump**

Any ideas what that 'JTDDY...'  thing is, folks?

Bluey

if it had started with SB1 then it was made in Europe, but your car starts with JTDDY so it was built in Japan, but that still does not mean it is an import, about half of the new Corollas still come from japan and the other half are made in europe.

I'm getting confused here just reading this. Isn't he talking about a Celica not a Corolla??

Where were the Celicas built? I know my UK gen 6 was built in Japan and as far as I am aware all other gen 6's were. I just assumed all gen 7's were also built in Japan - anyone know where the gen 7's were built???

Yes i think the Corolla post has throw the thread off track a bit :wacko: , : .

PS... all Celica's are made in japan :)