Do Not Sell My Personal Information

20% Of Car Owners Name Their Car

jay dh

was listening to the local radio this morn and a survey had been carried out asking how many people gave their car a name

guilty

useless bit of tuesday morning info...

Jay

I've named all 3 of my cars, my Dad's one is now called "Red" and Yvvan - another TOC member also has named his T-Sport.

Daft? Yes some people think so..it's just a bit of fun at the end of the day!

I had Yaz... now I have Skye... just names that kinda stuck with the car.. and it becomes easier to refer to them as such as opposed to 'the Yaris' or 'my MR2' :P didnt sit down with a baby names book or anything lol

Theres nothing wrong with naming your car....

However, referring to it by its name when talking with others, thats taking it just a little too far...

Mines called yaz! hehehe jj named it and its stuck! I like it, seeing as we have 2 yarii its easier to call mine yaz! :yes:

Theres nothing wrong with naming your car....

However, referring to it by its name when talking with others, thats taking it just a little too far...

agreed

I never refer to the car by its name (a name which i didnt assign btw :P ) but other people seem to :ph34r:

I am glad to see that its not just a Girl thing... The boys are in on it too. :thumbsup:

I dont see anything wrong with naming cars (as most of TOC know) :P

Peeps I work with refer to my car as KITT and not "the celica"

I get asked "How are you and KITT?":wacko: now that I do find wierd. :unsure: But sweet at the same time. :group-cuddles:

Another study has revealed that 99% of all car names on TOC were suggested by Demonic Angel

Probably true actually!

Its all a bit of harmless fun at the end of the day!

Lots of love

Em, Dell, Karis, Kaori & Kana! :lol::lol:

Ummm... despite agreeing wholeheartedly with Rob the 2CV seemed deserving of a name (on the basis its not so much a car as, erm, a pet :unsure: ).

The Yaris, however, remains called "The Yaris" or "Number 3" when I need to differentiate it from its two predecessors...

;)

A

i named my last car... my corsa... 'clarence' .

and my mr2 is called 'hugo'. becos of his reg plate. if he hadnt of had the reg plate tho, he was going to be called 'marcel' lol

its all a bit of fun at end of day, nothing wrong with naming your car, nothing wrong with not naming your car. :)

i sometimes refur to my car as its name when tlaking to ppl, and same as with 'clarence' - and ppl do the saem, they ask how hugo is, or if ive seen clarence recently... lol

It's an individual thing. Some like to name their cars, others don't. Just a bit of fun as others have said.

Not as bad as naming your dog 'Fang' in the hope that it will make it appear more vicious (unless you have a vicious dog called Fang!) :lol:

ya havta name ur car. If yo uhave a kid you name that right? A kid thats born from your blood and sweat, and the upbringing of which costs your money...

Same with the car, bought with your money, which, now going full circle again, you work for with your blood and sweat :D

So you HAVE TO name your car!

Saying that Rob, what about elanor? <_<

-Z

ya havta name ur car. If yo uhave a kid you name that right? A kid thats born from your blood and sweat, and the upbringing of which costs your money...

Same with the car, bought with your money, which, now going full circle again, you work for with your blood and sweat :D

-Z

Kids aren't born from blood & sweat. Can't explain on this forum, but there are plenty of good books! :P :thumbsup:

-Z

Kids aren't born from blood & sweat. Can't explain on this forum, but there are plenty of good books! :P :thumbsup:

depends how you go about it, can get a bit rough! :rolleyes:

-Z

We call either them 'The MR2' or 'The Corolla', or else 'Your Car' or 'My Car' according to the situation.

e.g.

Shall we use 'The MR2' today?

and

'Your Car' needs some petrol. (or a wash, new tyres service etc, etc)

PS Zeroblade - just noticed your location were you in Leeds or Newcaslte this weekend? Saw a lovely blue MR2 on the road from Washington to the Tyne Tunnel on Sunday. Was it you?

PS Zeroblade - just noticed your location were you in Leeds or Newcaslte this weekend?  Saw a lovely blue MR2 on the road from Washington to the Tyne Tunnel on Sunday.  Was it you?

Naah m8, wasnt me as I was in Leeds!

-Z

Ah. I go there often too as mum lives in Roundhay - in fact went there Sunday too. I'll look out for 'Nina' next time I'm there.