Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

9th of October Meet

msherry21

Aye sounds good to me, I'll do anything, still need to get the day off work but that shouldn't be a problem! :thumbsup:

My brother won't be coming, he can't afford anything and he has got alloys with no tyres and springs sitting to go on! :rolleyes:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alanbradley

• Ryan1985

• blue-baby

• cfc1

Dunno about going as far as kyle :eek: The gt sooks petrol too much and we aint taking the yaris again! A bbq or picnic does sound good,Perth idea sounds good

I'll be there in me motor!!!.....

keep me updated by txt tho, as no internet interest.

Where we going? Million of miles away up north?? ... lol.

:unsure: Moving swiftly on...

Michael and I were talking any we thought that maybe radios would be a good idea in case someone takes a wrong turning -we can muster 4 between us but if any of you have any (the wee cheapies - not all singing, all dancing police-spec ones :) )

I was also thinking that it might be a good idea to have a "destination" in mind in case it pees down and a picnic isn't necessarily possible. My thought is a distillery (either Dewars World of Whisky in 'Feldy or The Famous Grouse Experience in Crieff) but I'm open to any other suggestions so fire away* :thumbsup:

Umm, yeah - that's all for now ;)

Alan

* Pleeeeease..... I've visited loads of distilleries...

Nice one! A localish meet! lol Crieff is nearish to Perth. Im up that way everyday! :D

Ah crap - I'm on holiday, would have loved to goto a meet :( You lot'll be up here and I'll be in Worcester!!! maybe next time :P

Nice one! A localish meet! lol Crieff is nearish to Perth. Im up that way everyday!  :D

Yeah! its the "Alan only has to drive for 2 hours meet"! :lol:

Naah... I'll stay at my parents so I only have 25 minutes to Perth ;)

A

The list so far

1. Msherry21 (Michael)

2. Alan

3. Ryan

4. Davy + wife and kids

5. Heather and G

6. Jimbo

7. Ross (Scottish_SR)

Any more?

I'm sure we'll get down to the finer details nearer the time?! :thumbsup:

Yeah, sorry - just didn't really have anything to add at the mo...

More info when I think of it. ;)

A

Me thinks I will keep my eyes on this and see if I can make it. That's some route all the same.

If I can make it I will be leaving from North Lanarkshire and I will post my route up to Perth for the convoy up.

Right folks, there's only a week to go so we really need to sort out the smaller details...

1. Lunch

The choices are

a. A picnic (we all bring something along and share it out in a nice place (shores of Loch Tay, one of the viewpoint places - see how we get on)

b. Pub lunch in Aberfeldy / Kenmore

We should really try and sort this out by Wed/Thu to let people get organised...

2 Meeting up

I recommend Tesco carpark opposite Struans Toyota as its just off the A9 and a synch to get to from both east and west. To get there follow signs north to Inverness (inportant if you're coming from Edinburgh direction). After the Broxden Roundabout (there are big signs) take the next exit signposted to Crieff. Take the 3rd exit from the roundabout, crossing over the carriageway. From there on you can't miss Tesco on your left. I'd aim to be there 10:30 to 11ish...

Here's a map-ish thing...

Oct-TOC-Meet-01.jpg

I've described proposed routes earlier in the thread, but we'll probably end up playing it by ear depending on weather and stuff - this being Scotland :D

Currently confirmed people are:-

1. Msherry21 (Michael)

2. Alan

3. Ryan

4. Davy + wife and kids

5. Heather and G

6. Jimbo

7. Ross (Scottish_SR)

Possibly Martin Longbow...

Can someone keep Jim in the loop by text - I only have Ryan's phone number...

I think that's all, I'm sure you (Ryan :P ) will tell me if I've forgotten anything - I have a hangover and my brain hurts with all that thought :blink:

Cheers,

Alan

I'll go with "b. Pub lunch in Aberfeldy / Kenmore" 'cos it saves my mum the hassle of making me up food to eat! :D

Sounds good, I'll just follow Michael for the meeting place! :thumbsup:

Yip, might give Jimbo a text! :)

this sounds good, I'd prefer the picnic....but I supposed that depends alot on weather. I'll let jim know and meet Ryan and any others at Drivers for the people leaving from Glasgow.

Cool - I'm not bothered either way about eating tbh, but a good day and a picnic would be great.

Yeah, can I leave the East, Central and West groups to sort out how they're getting to Perth between themselves. As ever, I'm coming down from the north so I don't pass anyone!

Cheers,

A

PS I've just realised - the Tesco is on Crieff Road for those of you using routefinders. More info here...

9:30 to 9:45ish should be fine for you lot - there's no rush, its not as if we've got something booked... Unless there's been an accident the drive up should be fine.

I'd actually recommend coming straight up from Glasgow or even across the M9 to Stirling and coming up from there just to avoid the Forth Bridge at the weekends :rolleyes:

A

Picnic will suit us better... 5 of us and a pub lunch = £££££'s :lol:

But will end up going with the flow.

Anyone from Fife or Edinburgh area.. maybe we can meet somewhere beforehand and head up to Perth togther? (McDonalds carpark at the Forth Road Bridge maybe.. thats the one near Newton on the south side of the bridge)

Right, here's me route up to join the Yarris meet

A71 to Newmains then onto the A73

Follow that to join the A80 just before Cumbernauld

Follow the A80 all the way up A80 - M80 - M9 then A9 until Perth

Then find Tesco

I suppose I will be leaving at about 9 - ish (always running late) which I think is way too early lol

If anyone is going the same route I am happy to meet up if you want to convoy.

I will have my giant Ned with me and will be packing sarnies, coffee, tee juice, as said Ned is quieter if you feed it

Alan you dont have the post code for the Soupy Eh?

See you there :thumbsup:

Is there any of those recently chipped roads on the route I an getting V sick of removing tar :o

Alan you dont have the post code for the Soupy Eh?

See you there  :thumbsup:

Is there any of those recently chipped roads on the route I an getting V sick of removing tar  :o

The where? :unsure:

I'll try and find out about the recently chipped roads, but I don't think there are any - I can't be sure though...

:thumbsup:

Alan

The where? :unsure:

I think he means the supermarket Alan! :thumbsup:

9:30 sounds okay to me! :yes:

Dam! I am really sorry, I have just taken on (today) enough work for the next four wekends. I didn't know it was comming.

I know Iv'e just posted but I can't afford to turn it down. Sorry peeps I wont be there after all :(

Oh yeh I did mean the Supermarket, post it anyway if you dont mind.

That's a shame - hopefully you'll manage the next one. The joys of being self-employed, eh?

The postcode for Tesco is PH1 2NR

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Forums

News

Membership