Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Upgrade

pilotpete

Hi All,

Just joined the Club,so apologies if this query has been posted before!

I am building a Ferrari 355 replica, based on the Mr2, Mk2 turbo and the standard brakes are about shot! Rather than spend money on refurbishing the ones fitted, I was considering fitting larger, aftermarket callipers and discs. The wheels I am fitting are 16", so would accomodate larger discs. I have an engine upgrade to 300 bhp in mind, so could do with the extra stopping power too!

Does anyone know of a supplier/kit I can enquire with please?

Thanks, Pete. :thumbsup:

Hi Pete

You might not get a great response from here as the majority of forum members don't appreciate an F355 conversion on a 2.

Irrespective of that, you'll have to bear in mind any extra weight added to your car by the fitting of a kit will have a negative affect on the acceleration, braking and handling characteristics of a car.

If you're looking to do a brake upgrade, you should do both front and rear. If you don't you'll upset the brake balance of the car, which will be most noticeable when pushing the brakes on anything but a straight road.

I'm not sure which manufacturers do big brake kits for the 2, but I am aware that Hi-Spec do. I don't know how good Hi-Spec are as I've never had them or know anyone who has. Might be worth phoning the likes of Fensport for recommendations on big disk conversions, even if you don't buy from them.

To be honest, with a power output of around 300bhp, you should find that uprated disks of standard size (red.dot grooved for example) and fast road pads (pagid for example) will do. What you'll also have to bear in mind is that most uprated brake pads need to get some heat in them before they really start working, and will therefore not perform well from cold.

Hope this helps whichever way you choose to go.

:thumbsup:

You might not get a great response from here as the majority of forum members don't appreciate an F355 conversion on a 2.

To be honest, with a power output of around 300bhp, you should find that uprated disks of standard size (red.dot grooved for example) and fast road pads (pagid for example) will do. What you'll also have to bear in mind is that most uprated brake pads need to get some heat in them before they really start working, and will therefore not perform well from cold.

Yeah the 355 kit is not appreciated .. it's a bit "marmite", but without the "love it" part.

Red.Dot and Pagid is a good combo .. aids stopping, braided lines help feel and 5.1 fluid help against fade ..

Alcon but theyre about 2 grand! :o

Brembo, KAD, APR will all custom build you a kit if youve got thw dough

Yeah the 355 kit is not appreciated .. it's a bit "marmite", but without the "love it" part.

Red.Dot and Pagid is a good combo .. aids stopping, braided lines help feel and 5.1 fluid help against fade ..

how much is this set up??? total cost and fitting? i need new rears so may as well do the whole lot if its reasonable.

Disks are about £100 a corner .. and pads are about £25 a corner .. lines were £80 and the fluid is a few quid ..

if you upgrade one axle and not the other AND have ABS, your stopping distance may increase as the standard balance between front and rear will be affected.

i have a rev 2 which is suppose to have abs as standard??? but definitly dont have abs!! tested twice to make sure, suspect mr takahondanissan had it disabled??

who told you that?? i dont think they are much cop to be honest, only manky two pot slide calipers??

while the GT4 came with stonking great 4 pots...

who told you that?? i dont think they are much cop to be honest, only manky two pot slide calipers??

can you put gt4 brakes on the 2?

Agreed .. the stock ones were pony .. after all the changes I made t the stock sizes I was getting fade after 2 quick laps of the 'ring.

The S2k's brakes are AWESOME compared .. but they don't seems much bigger :wacko:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links