Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cts, 57i Induction Kit

bert.tsport

hi,

ive managed to source a K&N 57i induction kit for my 03 CTS.... :drool:

before i part with my hard earned pennies, was wondering if anyone had any comments on this? its about £100 , so good value compared to k&n Typhoon kit.

also , whats the score with the original air intake pipe? do you leave it on as it also connects to something in the wing, infront of the wheel arch?

there is a thread posted today " what is this? ", thats the picture of the part im worried about, it looks quite expensive and complex.

any help would be great... ;)

:thumbsup: bert

hi,

ive managed to source a K&N 57i induction kit for my 03 CTS.... :drool: 

before i part with my hard earned pennies, was wondering if anyone had any comments on this? its about £100 , so good value compared to k&n Typhoon kit.

also , whats the score with the original air intake pipe? do you leave it on as it also connects to something in the wing, infront of the wheel arch?

there is a thread posted today " what is this? ", thats the picture of the part im worried about, it looks quite expensive and complex.

any help would be great... ;)

I have the 57i induction kit by k&n fitted on my 2002 CTS. I ordered it through Halfords and cost about £100. It comes with full instructions on how to fit it and it took me about an hour to do which is cool bearing in mind i don't know that much about cars. There isn't a huge performance benefit but the change to the noise of the car is awesome. It has a lovely low end growl now and the pick up in the low end of the revs seems a bit better. I have left the original air intake pipe alone as it comes out next to where the filter sits when installed. The kit also comes with an air intake/cooling pipe which can also be fitted. May as well have the two pipes on as it's only going to help with the air flow. Overall i'm pleased with it so i say go for it :)... Also the first time you hit the valve timing with it on the noise will make you grin like a fool. hehe.

what does the 57i kit look like compared to the Typhoon kit???

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=57-0594

hi ive just ordered it , arrives friday :drool:

£92 :thumbsup:

ive ordered a set of PI lowering springs too, and some ultra tailights ...

http://www.toys4cars.biz/shop/index.php?ma...roducts_id=3650

http://www.toys4cars.biz/shop/index.php?ma...roducts_id=4886

roll on friday ;)

k&n 57i kit arrived today, 45mins later fitted...

the roar is awsome, and engine is smoother... :drool:

the best £92 ever spent... :thumbsup:

the roar is awsome, and engine is smoother...  :drool:

I agree! :thumbsup: The Typhoon kit almost cost twice as much though! :eek: Still worth it for the alloy piping & filter... :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links