Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ice Blue...pearl Or Metallic?

hellokitty

Today I saw the most gorgeous Yaris in my local Chipsaway.

The guy said it was Ice blue, but then I found out there is an Ice blue Pearl and an Ice blue metallic?

I'd really like the paint code for it so I can have my car resprayed in that colour, can anyone help?

All I can say is it looked a lovely pale baby blue metallic, but where the light hit it it was a very light gold/yellow metallic.

If anyone could advise me on which type I saw and provide the paint code I would be forever grateful! :D

Thanks!

I believe its metallic - it is a lovely colour - I wanted my Yaris Ice Blue but the waiting times were too long - got Carlo Blue instead! :thumbsup:

Not sure about the paint code, will get back to you with that!

Welcome to the forums btw! :thumbsup:

Oooh easy way to check (because I cant find it on Google!) PM Blue84 and ask her to look because she has an Ice Blue Yaris..... I think its in the handbook somewhere.... or the touch up stickers will say (if she has any)

Don't know about the pearl one, but there's definatly a metallic one, not sure about the paint code, but I know it's expensive paint, as it's a 3 stage paint (looking into spraying my spoiler)

here's mine,

KIF_1879.jpg

I take it it's the colour your on about, I have seen the odd yellow/gold colour in it.

here's mine,

It's so Lovely! :drool:

Not bothered about the cost, Its such a perfect colour I'll happily save my pennies! Its outstanding and the pic does it no justice really!

Just need the paint code for now!

Welcome to the forums btw! thumbsup.gif

Thanks! :D

Oooh easy way to check (because I cant find it on Google!) PM Blue84 and ask her to look because she has an Ice Blue Yaris..... I think its in the handbook somewhere.... or the touch up stickers will say (if she has any)

Thanks for the mention Em :thumbsup:

I have the touch-up strips here and it says 8R0 for the "color no.". Not sure if that is the one that you need tho? I believe there is a proper paint code on the VIN which Yvvan (another TOC member) did show me and tell me what it was but I can't remember what it is, when I speak to him I will ask him..

This is a picture of mine after me and Yvvan cleaned her ready for JAE:

kk3.jpg

kk1.jpg

I didnt know there was a pearl one either tho, I only knew of the metallic! I've never thought it to be a light gold/yellow metallic in the sun tho..it wasnt a reflection off of another car by any chance was it?

Blue

Yup yup! 8R0 Should be the colour for it im not at work so i cant check the computer systems!! :thumbsup: That colour is soooo nice! Not as nice as flame gold mind, but sooo nice anyway!

Yes it is 8R0, I checked on my VIN.

Cool, thanks!

Well the car was surrounded by breeze blocks so I'm sure there were no reflections...I said to the guy working on it 'thats a fantastic colour!' and he said 'yeah, we were all saying that this morning, its Ice blue'.

So I looked up toyota paint codes on t'net and it came up with Ice blue Pearl and Ice Blue Metallic? Maybe it was an american site?

Ayhow, I'm sure thats the colour I mean't, just amazed me how vibrant the light reflection is from it!

Is 8R0 sufficient for any respray place or would only Toyota understand that? :wacko:

Is 8R0 sufficient for any respray place or would only Toyota understand that?  :wacko:

Any one should be able to get hold of the paint, Toyota would probably charge more.

If I manage to get my spoiler done, i'll let you know if it's easy to get hold of or not, and roughly how much the paint costs.

Just out of interest, what colour is your Yaris at the moment hellokitty?

Currently my car is silver, which I love of course, but I was really looking for a light blue and Ice blue really hits the mark! :thumbsup:

Thanks for all your help everyone!

Currently my car is silver, which I love of course, but I was really looking for a light blue and Ice blue really hits the mark! :thumbsup:

Awww pretty little Silver Yaris!

You must post photos once you are done with the spray job so we can have a looksie! :thumbsup:

Glad you like it so much :) As I left mine on the roof of the multi-storey that I use for work this morning like I do when at work she was really shiney in the sunlight...you could see all the little bits of metallic paint reflecting all different colours..I really prefer it over the old Island Green colour that I used to have.

Glad you like it so much :) As I left mine on the roof of the multi-storey that I use for work this morning like I do when at work she was really shiney in the sunlight...you could see all the little bits of metallic paint reflecting all different colours..I really prefer it over the old Island Green colour that I used to have.

Cool, I can't wait!

Of course I will post a pic when she's done, but that won't be for sometime yet as I have save up and I guess its gonna cost a pretty penny for a full respray :crybaby:

Be cheaper to buy a new one, lol! :wacko:

Cool, I can't wait!

Of course I will post a pic when she's done, but that won't be for sometime yet as I have save up and I guess its gonna cost a pretty penny for a full respray  :crybaby:

Be cheaper to buy a new one, lol!  :wacko:

Its a shame its been discontinued now... you cant buy one brand new.... although depending on how much it costs you might be able to pick up a nearly-new bargain! :thumbsup:

Its a shame its been discontinued now... you cant buy one brand new.... although depending on how much it costs you might be able to pick up a nearly-new bargain!  :thumbsup:

Yeah, it might be a good idea to see what the prices are like for a respray and then compare it to a nearly new - there might not be much difference!

Something I have just thought of is again in the permit holder floor of the multi storey I use there is an 04 Plate 5 Door Ice Blue but it always looks like it's a bit of the severn green colour..I know it's definately ice blue as one weekend when we can park next to the building at work the same car was parked 3 spaces up so I had a look, it just doesnt seem as "light" blue as mine does..odd.

My Yaris is Ice Blue metallic, beautiful pale blue and slightly golden in sunshine. I loved the colour when I saw it and had to have that colour to match my baby's eyes! Aah, what a girlie! :rolleyes:

.........for the record, I went into the showroom on 29 Sept and told them of my intent to buy 2nd hand, as it was the end of the financial quarter, they needed to keep sale figures up so gave me a good discount and hey presto, interest free credit . How could I resist?!? :yes:

My Yaris is Ice Blue metallic, beautiful pale blue and slightly golden in sunshine. I loved the colour when I saw it and had to have that colour to match my baby's eyes! Aah, what a girlie!  :rolleyes:

.........for the record, I went into the showroom on 29 Sept and told them of my intent to buy 2nd hand, as it was the end of the financial quarter, they needed to keep sale figures up so gave me a good discount and hey presto, interest free credit . How could I resist?!? :yes:

Okay when the sun next appears I will have to pay more attention and see if I can notice it being slightly golden in sunshine!!

That sounds like a good deal Venice, which part of Kent are you in?