Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another Aygo

SMW

As many of you know I have been looking to change up to a Supra for some time.

At the end of the day the running costs have been quite frightening on a Supra – allowing for insurance and about 23 mpg it just didn’t add up – particularly given my 60 day a mile commute and my need for the car to be problem free as I start work at 5am. Much as I love Soops it was always going to be a 12 year old dream car but basically a time bomb.

So . . . time for major rethinks. Going with my head I’ve been looking at the Aygo. £65 a year to tax, ave 63 mpg etc. etc. OK it’s not a dream car but you can’t argue with it on paper. Plus going down the Aygo route frees up some savings to hopefully change the IS in a year or so for the new model diesel Lex as my ‘family’ car.

And what is all this leading to . . . .

Well, today I ordered by brand new Aygo in carbon quartz. It’s a 3 door sport and I’ve picked custom mats, air con, leather gear knob and TTE lowering springs from the options list.

Should have it in 2 – 3 weeks.

Happy.

You should be happy. I think the Aygo is a great car and the carbon quartz T Sport would be my choice too.

Happy motoring when you get it. :thumbsup:

Excellent...you should have yours about the time I get mine.... I didnt see the leather gear knob option though! - wish I had....might have to pay my toyota garage a visit at the weekend!!

Rich

Hi Steve

Hey great choice mate. I know how you so badly wanted a supra. But at the end of the day you have got to do what is right mate. You need a car that is economical and reliable to use everyday.Sure the supra will be reliable but to be used everyday it might :censor: up one day. Really they are a second car to own really. Something for the weekend as they say :yes:

Good luck with the new car when it arrives and get some pictures up :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Excellent...you should have yours about the time I get mine.... I didnt see the leather gear knob option though! - wish I had....might have to pay my toyota garage a visit at the weekend!!

Rich

The gear knob is from the Yaris options list - it's leather with a chrome strip - think it must be standard on T Sport Yaris (?).

Anyway usually £41 but due to Yaris production stopped last week it is now only £19 - doesn't really make sense to me but hey bargain IMO.

As many of you know I have been looking to change up to a Supra for some time.

At the end of the day the running costs have been quite frightening on a Supra – allowing for insurance and about 23 mpg it just didn’t add up – particularly given my 60 day a mile commute and my need for the car to be problem free as I start work at 5am. Much as I love Soops it was always going to be a 12 year old dream car but basically a time bomb.

So . . . time for major rethinks. Going with my head I’ve been looking at the Aygo. £65 a year to tax, ave 63 mpg etc. etc. OK it’s not a dream car but you can’t argue with it on paper. Plus going down the Aygo route frees up some savings to hopefully change the IS in a year or so for the new model diesel Lex as my ‘family’ car.

And what is all this leading to . . . .

Well, today I ordered by brand new Aygo in carbon quartz. It’s a 3 door sport and I’ve picked custom mats, air con, leather gear knob and TTE lowering springs from the options list.

Should have it in 2 – 3 weeks.

Happy.

COOL :thumbsup:

where are u getting it from?

Hill's of Bishops Stortford - I guess your local Mr T Gordy ?

They seem pretty cool and certainly the best of the few I visited. The only thing that annoyed me a bit was that they were really determined to make me have the one they had in the showroom - but I wanted a 'new' car - in the end I resorted to writing down the VIN of the showroom car as I just got the feeling that it would be the car handed over to me in 2 - 3 weeks time.

They were also a bit pushy on gap insurance and supreguard - but I just let them reel off the sales stuff then declined it all.

At least they wanted to take my money unlike the other 2 dealers I visited ! And they knew that TTE springs are available on Aygo unlike the others !

BTW - I have found it really hard to hand over wads of cash to Toyota dealers for new cars - god knows how you guys who buy used ever even manage to get them to deal with you ! !

BTW - I have found it really hard to hand over wads of cash to Toyota dealers for new cars - god knows how you guys who buy used ever even manage to get them to deal with you ! !

I know what you mean.. i was avoided like the plague when i was at Mr.T.. dressed in jeans, football top and trainers, no-one looked twice at me.. got to the 3rd dealer, 3 salesmaen past me by as if i wasn't there and went to talk to what they must have thought was a better option than a scruff in jeans... anyway the 4th salesman, an older guy, asked if he could help and i told him i wanted a new mr2.. bet the others were sick.

Congrats on the new car.. hope you have many years of happy motoring :thumbsup:

I spotted a Carbon Quartz Aygo on the way home from work one day this week and it's a very nice looking colour..

I'm working on my Dad getting a Yaris for their reliability but it's not going well at the moment..never mind I will carry on as best as I can.

Show us pictures when you get the Aygo too :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links