Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Location Of The Iat On Gen 7 Celica

Stevethesaint

Im trying to locate the IAT (Inlet Air Temp sensor) on my gen 7 celica, ive lost my manual so have no idea. Any help would be much appreciated.

cheers

hia mate, do you mean the air sensor on the air inlet going in to the throttle body ????????????? is it the 140bhp or 190bhp ???????????

Its a 140, ive bought a power module which is supposed to increase the bhp just wanted to try it to see if it actually works. It says to find the IAT but I have no idea where that is.

Any advice on these power modules or whereabouts of the sensor would help.

cheers fellas

You don't need to try it, I can tell you now that it won't work. It's just a resistor that you could have bought for 5p from Maplins.

yeah your right it wont work it actually does the oppisite is reduces bhp.... the IAT on the 140 is on the back of the intake pipe from the air box. about 3/4 the way up

You don't need to try it, I can tell you now that it won't work. It's just a resistor that you could have bought for 5p from Maplins.

Thats not neccessarily stricktly true, in the the right conditions it does make a difference, maybe not the +20bhp these things usually claim but you should see a power increase. Yes its a 5p resistor but as long as the ambient air temperature is above about 10 celcius some power gains should be acheived(and no I'm not a seller).

Check out this link

http://www.installuniversity.com/install_u...tricker_mod.htm

Kelvyn

Thats not neccessarily stricktly true, in the the right conditions it does make a difference, maybe not the +20bhp these things usually claim but you should see a power increase. Yes its a 5p resistor but as long as the ambient air temperature is above about 10 celcius some power gains should be acheived(and no I'm not a seller).

Check out this link

http://www.installuniversity.com/install_u...tricker_mod.htm

Kelvyn

OK then, how about: "strictly speaking this mod will LOOSE you power". Look at it this way, the sensors on your engine are all put there for a reason, manufacturers don't just throw extra components on for the fun of it (they do the exact opposite wherever possible). The ECU calculates optimum fuel and timing from all the variables that it measures. If you take away some of it's information (air temp in this case), you are losing some of the functionality of your ECU. If you tie one arm behind your back, can you run the 100m faster?

The AIT has nothing to do with ignition timing, it is only used for the fueling calculation. Air density is proportional to air temp, therefore colder air needs more fuel and warmer air less fuel. Replacing the AIT with a resistor that tells the ECU that the air is always cold, means that the ECU injects more petrol than is really needed. This won't give you more power because there is not enough air in the cylinder to burn the extra fuel, so it just goes straight out of your exhaust pipe. Do you really want to be doing that with the current price of petrol?

Given that all production cars already run with a rich mixture at full throttle (it's called a 'safety margin'), making it even richer will only loose you power - that space taken up in the cylinder by the excess fuel could have been used to fit a bit more air in there. Therefore, you would be better off doing the reverse of this mod and taking out a bit of fuel.

If you want to advance your ignition, turn the dizzy round a bit. Although the knock sensor will probably start pulling timing anyway. :thumbsup: