Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Shape Mr2

Penelope Pitstop

Does anybody know if Toyota plan to bring a new shape MR2 out like Mazda are about to do with their MX5 this year? Just a thought i wandered if Toyota have to compete with Mazda by relaunching a new shape?????

Hi PP.

The word on the street (well, the internet anyway) is that they won't be replacing the MR2 - could be discontinued soon. There don't seem to be any plans to replace it in the Toyota line up. Celica may go the same way.

Lots of us not too happy about this, but fortunately all three MR2 models will last forever.

Whywould such a cool car like the MR2 and celica be discontinued anyway,,,,the Mr2 is far better than the rivals MX5 ,,MG ect..

New emissions regulations i'm afraid.. no more 2's and no more celica's... thats why i got my 2 when i did,, was now or never.

Whywould such a cool car like the MR2 and celica be discontinued anyway,,,,the Mr2 is far better than the rivals MX5 ,,MG  ect..

I agree. Seems strange that the MR2 can be binned for this reason and yet they're still making huge off roaders and people carriers that do half as many miles per gallon. I realise that some people do need these larger vehicles, but there are also many that are rarely used for off roading or for carrying people.

The good news is that your MR2 will soon be a classic as it will be one of the last of the line. If they had released a new MR2 then the value of your car would have gone down.

Love that colour by the way. Post some pics.

Tony

Yeah i heard they were scrapping the mr2 - but theories go that they will be producing something else spectacular instead- although not sure what :unsure: :!Removed!:

Seemingly the new Toyota sports cars won't actually be badged as Toyota.. they will be badged Lexus.. just what i heard thoough.

To T600 I will post some pics tomorrow when my mate comes round who can show me how to do it....I myself really like the Chili Red even though its one of the basic colours and no extra cost unlike the silver and metallic paints that cost a little more...I just love this car....its so coool.......

To T600.......I have got a good pic to put on ,,,but how do i put the pic on? In fact could anybody tell me?????

What he said ^^^^

or if you have any problems with that mail it to pics@mr2s.co.uk and I'll send you a link to it.

In a way its a shame they are ending the line on the MR2. BUT think of it as making the surviving MR2's that little bit more special.

To be hounest i dont realy like the new MR2's anyway i prefer the MKI and MKIIs.

Its its a shame cos the other rival cars MX5 ect, lets face it they are for hair stylists!! :!Removed!: :D

vince

Surely Toyota could make an MR2 with a smaller engine and decent mpg figures if they really wanted. Seems like a strange decision to stop it altogether.

The MG convertible is the mother of all hairdresser's cars!

Surely Toyota could make an MR2 with a smaller engine and decent mpg figures if they really wanted. Seems like a strange decision to stop it altogether.

The MG convertible is the mother of all hairdresser's cars!

But the Mk3 already has a very good fuel consumption anyway. It's an efficient engine in a very light body so I really don't understand the logic of scrapping it.

The sales figures are falling compared to other small sports but I can't understand why they can't bring out a mk4 to deal with that problem.

They're competing in F1, but at the same time removing the sporty cars from the range. IMHO having a sporty car improves a manufacturer's image across the board, and as a result increases sales generally. If they lose the Celica and MR2 then their image will change and I don't think that will be a good thing.

MGTF - poor car. I really loved MGBs and MG Midgets when I was a kid, but the world moved on and is producing much better cars. Sad that MG didn't. I really tried to like the TF, but most examples that are only a few years old look really shoddy like they weren't finished properly.

Going by some of the posts here.. she's either going to give someone a haircut, or, going to meet her !Removed! friend. :huh:

Not to worry though eh!.. we all have our own opinions and are entitled to them..:thumbsup: but i bet if you got offered a MK3 for nothing, with the only catch being that you had to drive it regularly you would take it. If you don't.. your either a hairdresser or !Removed! :lol:

Davy (Tyre fitter - Married with 3 children.. not !Removed!)

Going by some of the posts here.. she's either going to give someone a haircut, or, going to meet her !Removed! friend. :huh:

Not to worry though eh!.. we all have our own opinions and are entitled to them..:thumbsup:  but i bet if you got offered a MK3 for nothing, with the only catch being that you had to drive it regularly you would take it. If you don't.. your either a hairdresser or !Removed! :lol:

Davy (Tyre fitter - Married with 3 children.. not !Removed!)

Don't start me off again Davy. :D

And for the record, not a hairdresser, not !Removed! and not a Mk3 MR2 owner. Though I'd have one tomorrow if the boot was a little bit bigger.

LOL.....Not a !Removed! i am into blokes.....but however i do have a hairdressing business ....LOL Again.....i also own a property business too. were i rent out exclusive properties in the north west area to buisiness people and professionals.........so does that get me off the hook a little? By the way i could afford much more expensive car than the MR2 but i like the shape and looks of it very much..When i drive this car it makes me soooo happy......It certainly is a talking point werever i go.....Although its only 2mths old now i still keep it as if its just come out of the showroom......bye the way i am just in the process of having a private plate on it...not with penelope on it.....just LYN and a couple of numbers before it...how cool is that.......

Well thanks PP :D Your hairdressing business isn't doing much for my 'you shouldn't stereotype cars' argument.

Did you look at the Boxster? I wouldn't have tried to put you off it if I'd know you were THAT loaded. It's a nice car really. I'm just happier driving a Toyota again 'cos for me the running costs were just too high and I didn't like the Porsche attitude.

To CFC1,,,,thanks for the insults,,however its not that bad being a salon owner especially when you dont need finance and your a cash sale....LOL...whats more i went into the toyota dealership and just said " i want one of them in Red"(pointing to a MR2 of course.......despite being able to afford any car in the garage.....LOL again....I simply picked the MR2 caus its a fab shape and has proved to be very economical on petrol compared to my last car ...I love it.....did consider the BMW when i found out that MR2 are to be discontinued but i didnt like the shape of it ,,thought it looked ugly......so i decided to have a roadster anyway.....If a new replacement is brought out i may go for one of them ,,i only keep my cars for about 3yrs anyway....Girl Power..... What do you say T600?

T600..No i didnt consider a porche i didnt want too much attention and i thought it might give off the wrong signals if you know what i mean ..It was suggested to me though to consider one ....i am really happy having the MR2 as my first sports car...so who knows what my next car will be?????Did look at volvo convertable.....chrysler conv....bmw.....but they didnt flick my switch...hey i might come to one of these T.C.owners meets with my friend........Regards Penelope Pitstop...p.s i have not forgot to post pics

PP.. i wasn't insulting you.. I was trying to make a point about the stereotyping.. but as you ARE indeed a hairdresser, that kinds put paid to that :lol:

I also went into the dealership and more or less said i'll have that in black please .. like you i was pointing at a roadster, and i bought it there and then.. well, i'm paying it on the never never though.

No offence was meant.

Davy (a happily married tyrefitter with 3 kids and deffo not !Removed!.. trust me :lol:)

I have just put an offer in for a cherished number plate ..I will find out tomorrow if it has been accepted.......LOL i never pay the quoted price ,,perhaps thats the business woman in me..but i am sure that lots of people dont contradict prices and they pay the full up sum,,,where there could be some room for bartering,,,,anyway i will wait and see......I do actually like my original plate number as well so it will be sad to take it off,,,