Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Found Some Interesting Yaris Examples!

Woody27

Hey'all! :D

I found a foreign (french?) site with photos of some odd yaris'! Unfortunately there is little information with them but even so i think they are worth a look if you havent seen them before! (i didnt see any of the pictures in the searches i did to check (not that it helps when your keywords have to be four or more characters long!? :censor: ))

Some of my favourites:

The 4x4 Yaris

cabriolet (even i have seen this before)

The yaris 1.8 VVTL-i

Hope you haven't seen them all before! was particularly pleased with that off roader find! :P O and if your interested, here's the site i found them on:

here

Adios,

Woody

Had seen the bottom two before, but the top one was a first!!

It looks like it's been stretched way too much tho - poor yaris! Wish they would bring out a Yaris Cabrio over here tho :yes:

Hehe yeah my guesses were everyone would have seen the bottom two but that top one is nice! i like the arches in a strange totally over the top way!

:drool::drool: Yaris Cabrio!

Why oh why will they bring out a Micra Cabrio, Ka Cabrio, Colt Cabrio, but not a Yaris Cabrio?

Words fail me! I'd have one - even in yellow! :lol:

:drool:  :drool: Yaris Cabrio!

Why oh why will they bring out a Micra Cabrio, Ka Cabrio, Colt Cabrio, but not a Yaris Cabrio?

Words fail me! I'd have one - even in yellow!  :lol:

Nice comment, Never really thought of that. <_<

Yes, I have seen them before. The top one I've seen on Echofans. Interesting though.

Sorry was debating whether to post or not but in the end the worst that cud happen is you guys say u seen it and we leave it there!

Sorry was debating whether to post or not but in the end the worst that cud happen is you guys say u seen it and we leave it there!

No probs, mate. There will be other peeps who haven't seen at least that top one. :yes:

I'd not seen any of them before.

Don't like the 4x4 - would be fun to have a drive, but it looks dreadful IMHO.

VVTLi - nice. Love that engine, though it looks like lots of work compared to fitting a blower to the standard Yaris engine; I know people do these things just because it can be done.

Cabrio is gorgeous. Are they being produced? I'd love one of those.

There was a great Cabrio concept of the Gen 7 Celica (you've probably all seen it) which I don't believe ever went to production. Shame, 'cos that looked great too.

Hopefully Toyota will realise that many people want Cabrios. The success of all the competitors' Convertible Coupe cars should tell them something. I get the impression that they are going to go this way with more of the Lexus range. Unfortunately the metal CC roofs make cars much heavier - so canvas hoods for the Yaris and Rolla would be the way to go I think.

T

Hey'all!  :D

I found a foreign (french?) site with photos of some odd yaris'! Unfortunately there is little information with them but even so i think they are worth a look if you havent seen them before! (i didnt see any of the pictures in the searches i did to check (not that it helps when your keywords have to be four or more characters long!? :censor: ))

Some of my favourites:

The 4x4 Yaris

cabriolet (even i have seen this before)

The yaris 1.8 VVTL-i

Hope you haven't seen them all before! was particularly pleased with that off roader find! :P O and if your interested, here's the site i found them on:

here

Adios,

Woody

:rolleyes:

It's mine humble site/forum... Good to see it on TOC ! :thumbsup:

So I can tell you more of these "Yaris"

The 4x4 is just a Yaris body put on a "tubular chassis" with an Audi V8 Engine... Like that:

http://munisai.miyamoto.free.fr/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=113

For the "cab" is just a concept for a car show...

And the 1.8VVTL-i, I've got some info in OZEcho Forum:

http://www.ozecho.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1687

That car was built as a promotional vehicle for Yamaha who still make cylinder heads for Toyota.

We spoke to them about the build a couple of years ago. They sent me photographs and drawings of the modifications to the chassis rail. Sadly we had them stored on a laptop that was later stolen (although I think I kept some hard copies somewhere).

Their own belief was that the car wouldn't be able to be registered in any country that had any sensible design rules due to the extent of the chassis work.

Presently we're embarking on the installation of a blacktop 20V 4AGE into a 3 door Echo for use in the 2WD section of our National Rally Championship. We had toyed with the idea of using a 7A block but have stuck with the 4A as we've got plenty of them here.

This should not require any chassis modification at all. The firewall may not be so lucky.

It's all I can do...

PS: Excuse my poor English but I do the best I can... :(

Interesting stuff Musashi-sama. Thanks for the info. Shame the cabrio is just a concept though. I thought it probably was.

Dave - we have to fight this Girls' Car / Boys' Car thing. Otherwise the girls get all the best cars. OK, I can think of a few convertibles you would probably consider to be boys cars, but they're all stupid money.

Interesting stuff Musashi-sama.  Thanks for the info.  Shame the cabrio is just a concept though.  I thought it probably was.

Thx a lot !!!

^_^

For the cab :drool: , yes it's just a concept... :crybaby:

I remember talking to someone from Fensport (I think) back at JAE 2003 who was making plans to fit a Celica GT4 engine and transmission in a Yaris. He had measured up the engine bay and said he could get the engine in and had looked at 4x4 conversions done in Japan.

Anyone hear if this actually made it off the drawing board?

Anyone hear if this actually made it off the drawing board?

Highly unlikely! I think if it was about we would have heard about it by now! :yes:

you can buy a 4WD yaris 'off the shelf' they have a 1,3 and a big silly grill, but the chassis has never been european crash tested etc.. (totally different to all the others) so unless someone forks 20k for the vehicle report youll never get one here

vitz_style.JPG

not seen the 2 top pictures, have to say the convertible has potential, is it getting released?

ive seen thumbs of a bike engined yaris from a long time ago, when it first came out, could never find info on it though

im sure it had saphire cosworth wheels aswell!