Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Automotive Sparky

MR2vince

Hey peeps still having probs with the sterio, im at a loss now!!

Ive now got no interior lights!! something wrong somewhere!

Does anybody know of a person that can sort me out (the sterio that is) im just to busy to go into deep electronics at the moment and i would rather get somebody in than spend days pissin about!!

im based in the notts area, sheff, doncaster ect.

Also ive fited a new pipercross air filter today, i thought it would alter the sound but it doesnt really alter that much, also is it normal that u can hear the air being sucked in?? as the old stock filter was connected to the cold air intake.

Since putting the filter on the cold air intake is no longer connected, is this right as you can hear it whistling?? :unsure:

An N/A should RAW more with an aftermarket filter

A Tubby will sound more like sucking air than a RAW.

WOT and High revs is where you will notice the sound differance.

Are you sure the light not working is not just a fuse ?

i dont think the interior lights have a fuse of there own im sure they work with something else, and everything else on the car works great, (bar the sterio)

the old foot was put down this morning u do get some more noise at high revs.

i dont think the interior lights have a fuse of there own im sure they work with something else, and everything else on the car works great, (bar the sterio)

the old foot was put down this morning u do get some more noise at high revs.

Fuse in Position 1 (15 Amp) covers the interior light plus boot light and a few other bits and pieces e.g. clock, service reminder (eh?) and warnnig buzzer (eh?) according to my handbook.

Yep was the dome fuse which ive replaced and it works.

The problems just keep getting worse, ive fitted new head unit and yippe it works!!

UNTILL u put the side lights on and it kills power to the head unit and AMPs :unsure::wacko::unsure:

God help me if i ever meet the person who designed the electric looms on this car!!!

Why would the interior lights, side lights, !Removed! lighter ect be on the same ring as the sterio. Thats just nutts.

Why cant they have a seperate ring for the sound system??

I know if i pluged my stage lighting into the same ring as my concert sound system at work i would get all sorts of problems!!

vince

Guessing here, as the problem you're having seems very strange.

Maybe you have a variation on the tail light / brake light earthing situation.

i.e. you've probably seen a car brake and instead of brake light coming on, the tail light goes off. That indicates no earth on tail light - instead it's earthing through the brake light circuit, but once that's powered up both sides of the bulb are at 12 volts so light goes out.

Maybe your stereo is doing similar. There's probably a feed from the lighting circuit to dim the stereo lights when it's dark (i.e. when lights are on). Stereo could be using this for its earth until you put the lights on at which point that wire is no longer a route to earth, so stereo goes off.

Seams like a good idea !

Vince, are you using a proper connector to install the stereo, or have you cut the wires and terminal blocked them together ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links