Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cts Falling Apart

Tsport2005

My 5 month old CTS is falling apart, well not quite but the front drivers side wheel arch liner fell on to the tyre at 70 mph and the noise was followed by smoke pouring past the window as it burn on the type, I was on a duel carriage way when this happened and was lucky that there was a layby only about half mile away, all of the fixings had gone, called the help line who sent the RAC, the chap then used the plastic cable ties to hold it in place after cutting away the burnt section.

Local dealer will hopefully fix it this week under warranty.

I must also say that the performance is not what I expected, very disappointing, need to rev the thing to death to get anywhere, ran it in very carefully never going over 3.5 - 4 K rpm for the first 1500 miles, car has now done just over 5.5K

and seems no better that it did at 2K, seems like about 150 bhp and not 190, on a trip in Germany could not get it to show over 130 even on some long down hill sections.

only 130mph my 1.4 runs out of puff at 127 if i take into account that the speedo may be slighty out lets call it 122ish and thats standerd no mods i was rather shocked to see it pull like a train get mine over 90mph in 5th and i'm sure its faster to flat out than it is 0-62. Just to make it clear i wont in the uk at the time.

I must also say that the performance is not what I expected, very disappointing, need to rev the thing to death to get anywhere, ran it in very carefully never going over 3.5 - 4 K rpm for the first 1500 miles, car has now done just over 5.5K

and seems no better that it did at 2K, seems like about 150 bhp and not 190, on a trip in Germany could not get it to show over 130 even on some long down hill sections.

The power dosnt come in till the revs are at 6200, thats how the engine is designed very high revving engine. I bought my car with 8000 on the clock and now that its done 17000 it certainly feels quicker

I have timed 0-60 to 7.2 secs (not accurate but good enough for me) I had a 130bhp mazda 323 before this and the acceleration is very diiferent. IF you are unhappy with acceleration see if you can borrow one from toyota dealer and compare it might be a fault with ecu causing limiter to come in early

Sounds as though something is amiss. Certainly below 6200rpm it probably is only giving you 150bhp, but you should feel it turn into a totally different car above 6200.

The 1/4 mile should be a bit under 15sec. and it charges on through 90mph onwards. Would be surprised if you are getting an indicated maximum of 130mph.

Unless your last car was an Evo/Porsche/Exige etc. in which case the CTS will probably feel a bit sluggish :D

Paul.

Thanks for the replies, on another subject is there anyway to make the seats return to the set position when you let someone in the rear, always have to let it go all the way back and then re-set it, both driver and passenger sides.

Other things that I don't like, when trying to find first gear quickly I either get nothing or sometimes hit reverse, that bleeper sends me nuts, you cannot sit in the car with the door open and listen to the radio without turing the ignition to on, how daft is that, I used a new Avenis the other day and that does not have this silly bleeper so why the T Sport, or is it because the gearbox is so bad by letting you find reverse instead of first <_<

The shutline between the bonnet & bumper is quite large but the dealer says its within spec ? you can see the return on the bumper.

shutline.gif

I believe the new Corolla is now built in ...Britain!... is that why there are these problems?

...and gigantic shut lines :rolleyes:

Sorry to say this but from what i've been reading in the forum for the past year the 'New' Corolla does not seem to be living up to the reputation of past Corollas.

I 'm not saying it's a bad car in any way (especially when you think what rubbish is produced by the french and Italians ...cars designed to wear out!) but it's not up to Toyotas standard of a few years back.

I also realise older Toyotas from the 70's and 80's used to rust but there mechnical side was (and still is considering age) amazing.

Thanks for the replies, on another subject is there anyway to make the seats return to the set position when you let someone in the rear, always have to let it go all the way back and then re-set it, both driver and passenger sides.

Other things that I don't like, when trying to find first gear quickly I either get nothing or sometimes hit reverse, that bleeper sends me nuts, you cannot sit in the car with the door open and listen to the radio without turing the ignition to on, how daft is that, I used a new Avenis the other day and that does not have this silly bleeper so why the T Sport, or is it because the gearbox is so bad by letting you find reverse instead of first  <_<

The shutline between the bonnet & bumper is quite large but the dealer says its within spec ? you can see the return on the bumper.

shutline.gif

The shutline along the bottom lip of the bonnet is the same on all the facelift TSports from what I've seen! Someone commented on mine and I told them that's the design of it 'cos it hasn't been damaged!

The annoying bleep is to let you know you are in reverse. As it a 6 speed box, 6 is were reverse would norm be and the bleep is tom let you know so you dont floor it and end flying backwards or vice versa.

If its any consolation the 6 speed lexus is200 has same bleep and im sure other cars do.

Hi

Instead of beeping in reverse it should have had a mechanical lockout :thumbsup: like my old 1995 Renault Clio (it's reverse gear was out past 1st as well).

I think the beep would be less annoying :ffs: if it only did it for a short while when first in gear.

The shut lines round my 2003 T Sport's bonnet aren't brill either :o .

Pb

:wacko:

The Clio had a five speeder.

hi.

you need to take it to just before rev limiter in 3rd, 4th, and 5th before changing into 6th... then you will go faster than 130mph... but not much more.. especially if you have passengers... well slows ya down.

on the autobahn , of course .. :thumbsup:

i find 0-110mph very impressive , a bit sluggish after that.. you dont get much of a lift in 5th and 6th in my 03 cts. suppose 6th is like an "overdrive" to save fuel though. see what you get out of 5th instead?

:thumbsup:

hi.

you need to take it to just before rev limiter in 3rd, 4th, and 5th before changing into 6th... then you will go faster than 130mph... but not much more.. especially if you have passengers... well slows ya down.

on the autobahn , of course ..  :thumbsup:

i find 0-110mph very impressive , a bit sluggish after that.. you dont get much of a lift in 5th and 6th in my 03 cts. suppose 6th is like an "overdrive" to save fuel though. see what you get out of 5th instead?

U moan alot! :angry: Just get your foot down an change gear at 8000RPM "problem solved" :thumbsup: You will keep up with a Civic TypeR an save£2000 :D

hi.

on the autobahn , of course ..  :thumbsup:

U moan alot! :angry: Just get your foot down an change gear at 8000RPM "problem solved" :thumbsup: You will keep up with a Civic TypeR an save£2000 :D

im not moaning? i gave that up.. my missus does enough of that.. :P

hi guys

Tsport2005 mentioned two things i was hoping someone might comment directly on:

1.is there anyway to make the seats return to the set position when you let someone in the rear, always have to let it go all the way back and then re-set it, both driver and passenger sides.

2.that bleeper sends me nuts, you cannot sit in the car with the door open and listen to the radio without turing the ignition to on, how daft is that

In my 3dr 03cts the front passenger seat has 'memory' for the its position when i let someone in the back but the drivers' doesnt - is there something you need to do to 'activate' this?

Also, there are two bleep situations being described - the one when you put the car in reverse and the other when you have the key in the ignition and a door is open - this last is far more annoying as Tsport2005 notes - say when listening to the radio stationary with a door open. :huh:

Also, there are two bleep situations being described - the one when you put the car in reverse and the other when you have the key in the ignition and a door is open - this last is far more annoying as Tsport2005 notes - say when listening to the radio stationary with a door open. :huh:

the answer is to just wind you window down...

My 5 month old CTS is falling apart, well not quite but the front drivers side wheel arch liner fell on to the tyre at 70 mph and the noise was followed by smoke pouring past the window as it burn on the type, I was on a duel carriage way when this happened and was lucky that there was a layby only about half mile away, all of the fixings had gone, called the help line who sent the RAC, the chap then used the plastic cable ties to hold it in place after cutting away the burnt section.

After not 1 but 2 trips to the dealer he replaced the liner, but after having a look to see that all the fixing where in place he had left out one that is the only one that supports it to the lower inner section, this was dropping down, so I presume that again if one was say doing 60-70 mph then the air would again rip it loose, well done Toyota dealer.

Still no reply to the seat question! Anybody :huh:

in my '99 G6R the seat "re-set" so you have to adjust back to what they were. the beep is in my car too when ya put it in reverse. its cos the gap between 1st and reverse is so close it so you dont put it in when ya not ment to. i can listen to the radio with the door open its just when the lights are on and the doors open it makes a noise.

After not 1 but 2 trips to the dealer he replaced the liner, but after having a look to see that all the fixing where in place he had left out one that is the only one that supports it to the lower inner section, this was dropping down, so I presume that again if one was say doing 60-70 mph then the air would again rip it loose, well done Toyota dealer.

Still no reply to the seat question! Anybody :huh:

hi,

my 03 cts passenger seat slides all the way backwards when repositioned, it never returns to the position it was in prior to letting a passenger into the back. also, the driver seat only tilts forward and does not slide aswell?? it never has, is it suppose to slide too?? :help:

whos your toyota dealer then? im from the midlands too. i changed my dealership to nuneaton ,as i had hassel with original car supplier dealership.

:thumbsup: bert

Still no reply to the seat question!  Anybody  :huh:

Your seats should return to its original position as mine does. Look at the spec of the car: its says TSports have 'memory' seats....

Ever riden a big bike? forget your fears about the red line, bury your foot in the floor and don't change up till the needle points at 8500! this engine is built by Yamaha, it's a radical engine that offers excellent fuel consumption and balistic performance to those who want it! Rant the ***** off it, that's what it's designed for!!!

i think only facelift have memory seats.

you should of know how the cts drives before you purchase your car no point moaning about it now.

my 03 cts passenger seat slides all the way backwards when repositioned, it never returns to the position it was in prior to letting a passenger into the back. also, the driver seat only tilts forward and does not slide aswell?? it never has, is it suppose to slide too??  :help:

The rear seats in my CTS have hardly ever been used so it takes a bit of tugging to get the front seats to slide forward.

i think im happy with the drivers seat not sliding forward, i never have to get out to let people in and out of the back... thats the front passengers job...

its great when its cold or raining.. :lol:

:thumbsup: bert