Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celica Gt

ArthurPewty

Hello everyone :-)

I dont know i f i should be posting this here or in "celica" but yesterday morning on the way to work i saw my first Celica GT, God i want one!

To be honest it makes the Celica TS look a bit like a Lada.........lol!

Just wondering if many of you have seen the GT around, and what you think of it!

I am off to start putting my pennies into a jar!..........errrrmmmmmm, how much will i neet to save? :D

I havn't seen one around but i've seen the pics of it, looks really nice, but i'm sure it looks even better in the flesh.

CelicaGTbroch.jpg

I am off to start putting my pennies into a jar!..........errrrmmmmmm, how much will i neet to save? :D

I think you need about £23,000

I think it's a good job you posted here, as not many in the celica section like it, there was a similar thread to this the other day/week.

I think it's a good job you posted here, as not many in the celica section like it, there was a similar thread to this the other day/week.

*ding* moved, if its doesnt regard yaris's it doesn't belong in this forum. ;)

Hey, we don't want it over here, lol, it lowers the tone of the forum :thumbsup:

Actually, it's not toooo bad ;)

I think toyota should Donate one to us to test, use, abuse and say wonderul things about while snapping it in idealic locations up & down the country or Europe for that matter. :yes:

I keep seeing plain gen 7's and the picture is better than the real thing. They are growing on me tho Should I be woried?

I think I like them better with a kit, it sort of hides/changes the sharper angles that I am not a fan of. like the APO kit pic's :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

just thought I'd post this as many have said they don't like the new gt. just seen one at the local dealers, I seriously like that car!! I'm not a massive fan of the gen 7 (sorry those that own them) but the gt, now that's a car i wouldn't mind getting hold of. :drool:

I agree with Hot Gen 5, still looks like a gen 7, Gen 5's look the best, the Gen 7's are boxy for my liking, nice smooth curves...........bit like the Gen 5, best looking Celica out there, if you ask me!!!! :D

Gen 7's are growing on me too, They have so much potential plus you don't see that many around compared to scobby's.. I'm gonna get 1 next i think widebody kit and racing hart wheels set them off so nice.

widebodycelica0281qd.th.jpg

As for the GT model i'd save my 23k and buy a 190 and mod it.

gen 7's are crashing in value like fords - a 2000 model can be bought for the same money you'd pay for a 1995 gt4 - shocking .my preference is the gen 7 has become part of the automotive cattle market ,v's the likes of the astra,vectra ,hyundai coupe sort of cars,way too many produced at a cheap cost and no thought going into the longetivity of the model.i personally think the avensis top of the range is a much better output from toyota in years.i dont like the interior of the 7 , i think its all plastic which it is , i'm not knocking the 7 , its a fine motor, i just expect better for £18-000 , i get more from £6000 out of a 1995 gt4 .toyota for me killed the whole celica and mr2 genre by releasing the new models - call me old fashioned but i know what i like .and i like old toyota and the gt4 - brrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• 5 months later...

I didn't like the Gen 7's at first, but after a couple of test drives they grew on me real quick. I settled for a GT and, apart from the naff stereo, it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever experienced. I can't rate them enough.

Im not overly keen on Gen 7s but there growing on me slowly. I prefer the Gen 6 MUCh better looking :thumbsup::yes:

Im not overly keen on Gen 7s but there growing on me slowly. I prefer the Gen 6 MUCh better looking :thumbsup::yes:

i'm sure everyones noticed, but the original post is from last october?

anyway i was just in the Toyota garage at lunch and saw the GT version, i think it looks nice but doesn't really justify the price tag, cos i reckon you could get a nice t sport for about 3k less and add your own, better kit for the saving.

one pulled up next to me in liverpool looked totally amazing i really liked it. I like gen 7's in genral they look really good would definetly consider one for my next car.

My girfriend and I saw one at Cheshire Oaks yesterday. Thunder Grey. She thought it was ugly. I just :drool:

I think its the same as any other gen 7 looks wise what is the point of this thread?????? Why did he also say the Celica forum doesnt like it????? Has someone put LSD in my brew or something! God damn Yaris owners!

I think its the same as any other gen 7 looks wise what is the point of this thread?????? Why did he also say the Celica forum doesnt like it????? Has someone put LSD in my brew or something! God damn Yaris owners!

Ooh! Someone didn't get up in a good mood this morning, did they? :lol:

To be fair, this is a resurrected thread that's been here longer than quite a few members, yourself included, about someone (a Yaris driver) who had the temerity to say he liked the Celica GT. I thought it was pretty well known that the pre gen 7 models were preferred by many here. It's not quite the same looks wise as any other Gen 7 as even this Yaris driver can see. The bodykit and huge boot spoiler kinda support that. :yes:

Now, go and get another coffee. :thumbsup:

GT = Different Side skirts, wheels and rear spoiler. Oh and you can get it in go faster red now!

Give me a black 190 anyday.

Joe

The changes are small and yes I can tell that wheels skirts etc are different but as a whole its pretty much the same as any other Gen 7. IMHO Its not worthy of a thread entitled 'ooooohhhh God' that would be appropriate if a Gen 7 GT4 was launched!

Had too many brews, caffeine is kicking in! Im alright now mate!