Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

03 T Sport Breaks - Squealing.

T Sport 1978

Hi all,

Does any other T Sport owner (Pre face lift) suffer from squeally breaks? i eventually fixed mine by greasing the pads and contacts and most importantly refitting the wear shims (copper looking clips that fits between the pars and the calipers. And after a good wash afterward the noise never came back.

FINGERS CROSSED this seems to have fixed it but was just wondering how widespread this little problem is.

Hi all,

Does any other T Sport owner (Pre face lift) suffer from squeally breaks?  i eventually fixed mine by greasing the pads and contacts and most importantly refitting the wear shims (copper looking clips that fits between the pars and the calipers.  And after a good wash afterward the noise never came back.

FINGERS CROSSED this seems to have fixed it but was just wondering how widespread this little problem is.

Fairly common by the sounds of it! (there's another post going regarding ordinary Corollas but TSports were mentioned too) Mine was cured by the dealer during first service...

Hi all,

Does any other T Sport owner (Pre face lift) suffer from squeally breaks?  i eventually fixed mine by greasing the pads and contacts and most importantly refitting the wear shims (copper looking clips that fits between the pars and the calipers.  And after a good wash afterward the noise never came back.

Your squealing brakes are standard on any make of car, when fitting new pads anti squeal shims and or copper based grease should be applied to the metal back plate where it contacts the thrust face of the calliper. general cleaning of the area to remove carbon and other deposits is strongly advised before fitment of new pads. Hope this is of use to you.

I am pretty sure I have read a post or some other info stating that pads have a different material in them that is exposed when it is time to renew which causes a high pitched sound, could be this.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links