Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch Problem

T-Bar_Steve

Had a new clutch fitted bout 4 weeks ago, mines the rev2 n/a and i bought the standard clutch kit from fensport, problem being that the clutch is slipping but only pulling away at about 3-4,000 rpm or higher, it doesnt slip at any other time just pulling away, the garage that did it have had a look and cant seem to find wot the problem is, its not a hydraulic problem as the pedal is 2 smooth, the only thing they can suggest is that it is a weak or faulty pressure plate, can anyone shed any light on this problem or has anyone had any problems with clutches from fensport?

Cheers,

Steve

Had a new clutch fitted bout 4 weeks ago, mines the rev2 n/a and i bought the standard clutch kit from fensport, problem being that the clutch is slipping but only pulling away at about 3-4,000 rpm or higher, it doesnt slip at any other time just pulling away, the garage that did it have had a look and cant seem to find wot the problem is, its not a hydraulic problem as the pedal is 2 smooth, the only thing they can suggest is that it is a weak or faulty pressure plate, can anyone shed any light on this problem or has anyone had any problems with clutches from fensport?

Cheers,

Steve

What type did you buy and does the clutch pedal feel very light, and where is the bite on the pedal.

R.

I just bought the standard clutch kit, the bite on the pedal has always been high since i bought the car, and still is now iv had the clutch fitted.

A high biting point might mean the master cylinder needs replacing ?

I think on GTS chris's web site they supply a longer arm aswell that pushed further if the biting point is high ?