Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do You Rate Mk2's Looks?

dawolf

Like most of you (I guess) I think the mk2 MR2 is one of the nicest looking sports cars ever to come out of Japan. Full of sexy curves but maintaining that sleek sporty look. I often compare it to the look of other sports cars and I can honestly say that there are not many cars that look as good, except for the more exotic expensive cars like Porsche, Ferrari, Lotus etc. Even though I've owned my 2 for over a year I still can't help but stare and admire it.

It's probably difficult to say but where would you rate the MR2 in terms of looks compared to every other car on the market? I think it would easily come in the top 50 cars for me overall and possibly in the top 5 Japanese cars.

What do you think? Has there ever been a survey on the nicest looking cars?

I know we're biased but who cares!

Agreed, i love my two, and have spent a fortune on her since the day she hit my drive way. There are other cars i would like in the future though, if i can afford them.

But the mk2 mr2 is definaly the 'classic' 2 seater sports car shape !!

I personally think ALL the MR2's look superb, not just the MK2.. even Porche copied the look of the MR-S

Ok.. i don't know what one was released 1st.. but i will say Porche copied the 2 ;)

Mk3 looks better though IMHO... and if i could aford a Porche.. i'd buy something better.

The mk1 - too 80's (piano ties and duran duran)

mk2 - in stock trim it's fairly weedy, needs a good kit and better wheels

mk3 - too bubble car ..

The mk1  - too 80's (piano ties and duran duran)

:D :D Why would that be then?

Looks great standard in my opinion. Some with kits look nice too, but I'm happy with mine the way it is.

mk3 - too bubble car ..

Great looking cars. First time I saw one I thought it was awesome. Couldn't live with the tiny luggage space though.

personaly i think the mk3 is !Removed!.

mk1 is cool but i think the mk2 looks best, definitly needs a wee help though ie better wheels clear indicators and maybe rev 3 lights.

since getting my car though so many randoms have talked to me in petrol stations etc. also they almost always overvalue it, must of cost you 5-6 k mate.. erm no less than 3 lol!

it is a future classic imo other jap cars i like the nsx or maybe the old 200 sx

mk1 is cool but i think the mk2 looks best,  definitly needs a wee help though ie better wheels clear indicators and maybe rev 3 lights.

since getting my car though so many randoms have talked to me in petrol stations etc.  also they almost always overvalue it,  must of cost you 5-6 k mate.. erm no less than 3 lol!

it is a future classic imo  other  jap cars i like  the nsx or maybe the old 200 sx

I'm guessing you don't mean "jolly" or "mirthful". :D

In which case Aaaaaarghhhhhhh!!!!!!!

[RANT MODE]

Why do people describe cars as '!Removed!'; it's so inappropriate.

So is the girls car / boys car argument IMHO.

This is the 21st century.

[/RANT MODE]

PS mk1, mk2 and mk3 will all be classics in my opinion. Arguably the Mk1 already is. Sadly I'm old enough to remember its launch and it was a big deal at the time, and it still looks great today, with or without 'enhancements'.

mk1 is cool but i think the mk2 looks best,  definitly needs a wee help though ie better wheels clear indicators and maybe rev 3 lights.

since getting my car though so many randoms have talked to me in petrol stations etc.  also they almost always overvalue it,  must of cost you 5-6 k mate.. erm no less than 3 lol!

it is a future classic imo   other  jap cars i like  the nsx or maybe the old 200 sx

I'm guessing you don't mean "jolly" or "mirthful". :D

In which case Aaaaaarghhhhhhh!!!!!!!

[RANT MODE]

Why do people describe cars as '!Removed!'; it's so inappropriate.

So is the girls car / boys car argument IMHO.

This is the 21st century.

[/RANT MODE]

PS mk1, mk2 and mk3 will all be classics in my opinion. Arguably the Mk1 already is. Sadly I'm old enough to remember its launch and it was a big deal at the time, and it still looks great today, with or without 'enhancements'.

ok well i think its homosexual, happy :D

i see it as a stereotypical !Removed! persons car, ie someone who posses but doesnt really have any driving skill or just something the husband has bought for the trophy wife. but its a great looking and car but imo its like the bmw z3. should be a mans macho car but its not imo, something that bmw have sorted imo with the z4 which i love!

Just recently the mk3 has grown on me more, it has a very nice shape although front lights let it down on earlier models and it's not really that fast. Also, it seems to have a lot of niggly faults for a new car so I doubt I'd buy one.

Personally i think that all MR2 look cool from mk1 to mk3 :thumbsup: Toyota did a good job i think :thumbsup:

jerry!!

ok well i think its homosexual, happy  :D

i see it as a stereotypical  !Removed!  persons car, ie someone who posses but doesnt really have any driving skill or just something the husband has bought for the trophy wife. but its a great looking and car but imo its like the bmw z3.  should be a mans macho car but its not imo,  something that bmw have sorted imo with the z4 which i love!

No! Though I suspect you're having a laugh.

But just in case:-

[RANT MODE ON AGAIN]

'stereotypical !Removed!' is offensive in itself.

The idea that 'stereotypical !Removed!' people, or women, or any other group of people are automatically poor drivers is also offensive.

The idea that some cars are 'Macho' and others are '!Removed!' should be redundant by now.

I realise that generalisations are relevant at times, but you've ended up not liking a car because some people who drive it might be !Removed!, and those people may not be good drivers, and as a result, if you had one people might thing you're !Removed! and a crap driver to boot.

[RANT MODE OFF AGAIN]

:D

ok well i think its homosexual, happy  :D

i see it as a stereotypical  !Removed!  persons car, ie someone who posses but doesnt really have any driving skill or just something the husband has bought for the trophy wife. but its a great looking and car but imo its like the bmw z3.  should be a mans macho car but its not imo,  something that bmw have sorted imo with the z4 which i love!

No! Though I suspect you're having a laugh.

But just in case:-

[RANT MODE ON AGAIN]

'stereotypical !Removed!' is offensive in itself.

The idea that 'stereotypical !Removed!' people, or women, or any other group of people are automatically poor drivers is also offensive.

The idea that some cars are 'Macho' and others are '!Removed!' should be redundant by now.

I realise that generalisations are relevant at times, but you've ended up not liking a car because some people who drive it might be !Removed!, and those people may not be good drivers, and as a result, if you had one people might thing you're !Removed! and a crap driver to boot.

[RANT MODE OFF AGAIN]

aw man you have to suck the fun out of it... lol

what do you think of people in nova's that are modified?

what do you tink of people in nissan micra's?

get my point, im not saying that these are the only people that drive these cars but if you asked arround a pub waht do you think of this what do you think of that those would be the stereotypical answers

I used to drive a Nova GSI, on the deck, big wheels, banging stereo, noice as f**k, and also what i though was RAPID....WWWOOOHHHOOO.

But now i know it was'nt, but when i talk about it i am Chav'ed straight away !

I know what you mean mark, and also i get T600, cus i shouldnt be like that (stereotyping i mean !!)

But i get you, you think the mk3 is not agresive enough is what your saying !!

I happen to like the mk3.... I always wanted one (and being a girl.. the whole 'gayness' that some people preach doesnt come into it...

I love the fact its a convertible, but since getting my baby I love her so much... the styling of ther mk2 is just that little bit more aggressive and I do prefer it (tho a Spider would go down a treat :thumbsup:

I dont think Les would agree with the '!Removed!' comment about mk3s ... he has one (La Slapa) and I must say, 'THAT MAN CAN DRIVE' ;) He took me out on the track at Bruntingthorpe in it and it was fantastic.

The mk3 just clung to the road through the corners, far better than most (if not all) the mk2s, the only place it lost it was on the straights... and mostly to the Tubbys.

I think the whole range of MR2s is good, each different in their own special way, I'd have one of each if I could ;) hehe

But atm I have Skye, and Skye is where all my love goes... so I'd have to say mk2s are the bestest :thumbsup: ;) hehe

The mk1  - too 80's (piano ties and duran duran)

mk3 - too bubble car ..

agree, on 2 and 3, i do love the 80s shape of the mk1 :yes:

and for the 2 its not perfect and it can always be improved, i think it does stand of one of the best cars with some of the best bodykits around, theres noting else on this planet that contends with the border front end (except the Do-Luck R34 :!Removed!: )

Im sorry i agree with ben on this one - the mk1 is too 80' s but thats what i love about it :D

They are an aquired taste - but its an indivdual thing and Im an 80's child so why not? :P

When i first saw the mk2 i thought the same as i did about all sports cars - just a typical posers car - but they have seriously grown on me and i catch myself just staring at robs all the time - they are very nice

Im not keen on the mk3 - there is nothing that 'stands out' to make it any different from the other little sports cars out there at the moment - but ive seen some very nice kits for them and they do look very well with a bit of modding B)

I'm gonna talk about all the cars as standard to start of with...

The MKI's far too boxy for my liking, a bit too retro imho.

MKII - Without sounding biased LOVE it outa the box. Has the curves and still looks like a sports car of today, i.e. modern.

MKIII - Erm don't really wanna offend Les so won't say owt... :P

With kits:

MKI - Still a bit too weedy looking, and not seen any kits that make me really like the look of it.

MKII - Border, Do-Luck, need I say more?

MKIII - This is where the looks can shine. Convertibles can look stylish as, and a good kit can get rid of the "gayness" ;), heh

Just my tuppence worth!

-Z

I think as standard the MR2 (all of the models Mk1 - Mk3) seems to lack something, although i do like the look of them standard i always think "there's just something not wright about it"!!!!

But put the wright kit and wheels on any of them and WOW!!!! :drool: They look well cool!

Cheers :thumbsup:

calling cars !Removed! is a little offensive and sound a little imature but hey!

If you want to talk about proper '!Removed!' hairdresses car lets say a little word about the MX5.

Ive got a mate who has one who thinks its the nutts, im always asking him if he will give me a trim, he doesnt get it :D

He doesnt like it when i raw past him in the MR2 either

For me the MKII is the daddy they look beutifull with only the slightest tweek.

Toyota did most of the work for us when they brought the MR2 out, they only need a few mods to turn them into great looking and a true performing car

vince

I absolutley adore my car...I am lucky enough to buy a brand new and there is nothing more uplifting than driving a brand new spanker out of a showroom..I had upgraded my car by a considerable amount ,,my last car being a new peuogeot 307......Me and my friend had an absoloutley fabbo time cruisin and posin and that day will never be forgotten. I was that excited about it i couldnt get to sleep that night..Its also a huge talkin point lotsa people stop and ask me about it from youngsters to old gentlemen..The buzz i get from when i drive this car is enourmous....I prefer it best when the hood is down.....I like the look of it when it has its hard top on,,i suppose i like the look of it with its soft top up the least.....Never the less ...i absolutlly luuurve this car.....I will post some piccys soon..........

tbh and just to clear things up i often use the word !Removed! for other things of different meaning, eg its !Removed! i have to go to work today, and hey im 20 im allowed to be imature :P

but agreed with the right kit the car can look amazing!

tbh and just to clear things up i often use the word !Removed! for other things of different meaning, eg its !Removed! i have to go to work today, and hey im 20 im allowed to be imature  :P

but agreed with the right kit the car can look amazing!

I'd like a Mk3 sleeper with no kit on it, and a 2ZZ-GE in it.

Unfortunately, for some reason Toyota won't make it, so the only way I'm going to get a mid engined car with one of those is to save my pennies and buy an Elise.