Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Advice Needed Please!

Richeyg

Hi,

After some expert help, I currently own a MK 2 G limited import, tonight whilst blasting up the motorway I came to the slip road slowed down and the engine lost all power with a terrible knocking sound coming from the engine upon acceleration, pulled over managed to get it started again, but I hardly have any power and this constant knocking noise. I managed to get it home after it cutting out about 6 times. All lights on the dash lit up, brakes and steering lost all power. Any ideas what the hell has happened to my 2!!!!!!

Rich

Hi,

After some expert help, I currently own a MK 2 G limited import, tonight whilst blasting up the motorway I came to the slip road slowed down and the engine lost all power with a terrible knocking sound coming from the engine upon acceleration, pulled over managed to get it started again, but I hardly have any power and this constant knocking noise. I managed to get it home after it cutting out about 6 times. All lights on the dash lit up, brakes and steering lost all power. Any ideas what the hell has happened to my 2!!!!!!

Rich

Was there any smoke coming out of the exhaust?

When was the cambelt replaced? Dave (Rookey) had a similar issue and the belt had slipped .. pistons met valves and oil met tarmac ..

Hi,

Well I cant even get it started today, got nothing Battery is good but no sparking nothing. I had no smoke from the exhaust, when it was ticking over there was no rattle but upon depressing the accelerator, that's when the horrible rattle started, sounded like a tank last night!

Hi,

Well I cant even get it started today, got nothing battery is good but no sparking nothing.  I had no smoke from the exhaust, when it was ticking over there was no rattle but upon depressing the accelerator, that's when the horrible rattle started, sounded like a tank last night!

Sounds like the big ends are the most likely culprit but without hearing the noise I couldn't say for sure. If its something else there might be an error code in the ECU, its wirth checking to see if there is one I suppose.

Big ends would be my call aswell.

The car will seam ok, just a little noicy, then it will suddenly get worse, until its undriveable as the pistons will be slapping about on the crank like mad !