Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats Wrong With Putting T Sport Badges On A Gs?

oliross

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oliross

• earpl

• cmarshall

• RossP

Top Posters In This Topic

in the respect that its trying to imitate a car you want it to be. it just brings down the t sport imo

and what RossP said

i do agree with you it is trying to imitate a car its not, however all you guys with T sports are prob alot older than me and dont find it hard to get insurance on one, hence i have to try and make mine look like one

but surely the insurance will be a lot anyway for all the mods you have done to your car? probably the same total cost to insure as a standard tsport?

i do agree with you it is trying to imitate a car its not, however all you guys with T sports are prob alot older than me and dont find it hard to get insurance on one, hence i have to try and make mine look like one

u were right up to hence

you just have to wait until you can afford one, harsh but all in the same boat

insurance fully comp at the moment without the sparco buckets as they arnt fitted yet is £750 thats with all mods, there are no performance mods only the exhaust and the lowering kit

we all had to wait to be a bit older to get a fater car

i had my 1.2 clio, its how things are unfortunately, i pay £500 a year fully comp at 21 with 1 years no claims on a t sport so you could prob get one when you 20 if u have the money

Jay

I wouldn't mind that if you also made all the other changes to make it into a T-Sport. But if not then putting the T-Sport Badge on something that isn't a T-Sport is a bit sad.

And you're probably invalidating your insurance.

I'm pretty sure that the cost to insure a Gs that has been modified to be a T-Sport is more than the cost of insuring a standard T-Sport. Insurance companies don't like mods.

u were right up to hence

you just have to wait until you can afford one, harsh but all in the same boat

i do agree with you, im sure that if i owned a t sport and people were badging gs's as t sports i would get annoyed

Exactly...stick a T-sport Badge on, then go and do a quarter mile with a T-sport. Not really worth the effort is it? You'll only end up getting embarassed. As well as being pointless. Also, insurance company may have something to say about you rebadging the car. As it will become more 'desirable' to pinch :lol: Please, someone stop me......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yep companys class it as more stealable.......... so telling them will up your premium and if you dont tell tem and it gets recovered with the badges on............... no payout.

Exactly...stick a T-sport badge on, then go and do a quarter mile with a T-sport. Not really worth the effort is it? You'll only end up getting embarassed. As well as being pointless. Also, insurance company may have something to say about you rebadging the car. As it will become more 'desirable' to pinch :lol: Please, someone stop me......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have a point there, ive told the insurance company about all the mods so far but i never thought about telling them about the t sport badges, i should shouldnt i??? cause someone might wnat to nick it more.

Anyway - Welcome to TOC Oliross :thumbsup:

You managed to light the blue touch paper there :D

If all your posts generate so much interest you'll have an active time here.

insurance fully comp at the moment without the sparco buckets as they arnt fitted yet is £750 thats with all mods, there are no performance mods only the exhaust and the lowering kit

Wish mine was that good. Standard T2 for a 21 yr old (0 no claims tho), £690 FC.

:ffs:

The exhaust would be declared as a performance mod as well... ;)

Anyway - Welcome to TOC Oliross  :thumbsup:

You managed to light the blue touch paper there  :D

If all your posts generate so much interest you'll have an active time here.

Cheers T600, im sure they will!!! thanks :P

Putting badges from other cars on your own is almost as bad as those who put turbo or NOS stickers on a car, which doesn't have a turbo or NOS.

So in the words of the great Earpl, it's....

"Ghey...."

:D :P

Wish mine was that good. Standard T2 for a 21 yr old (0 no claims tho), £690 FC.

:ffs:

The exhaust would be declared as a performance mod as well... ;)

It should have Been £1500 FC but i did my pass plus which lowered my premium by 50% which was ace cause it only cost £150 to do my pass plus and total saving off insurance was £600

Putting badges from other cars on your own is almost as bad as those who put turbo or NOS stickers on a car, which doesn't have a turbo or NOS.

So in the words of the great Earpl, it's....

"Ghey...."

:D :P

I shouldnt be saying this then but what the hell, i have NOS stickers on the stack on my door as was once thinking of getting it, also anyone heard of a Saber EDV, Electronic Dump Valve??? i have one on my car, makes a 150db dump valve noise when i change gear!!! hehe :P