Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sub & Amp Help!

Griffyn

DSC02725.jpg

Well thats a pic of my current sub in my non existing boot! I am going to need to be able to use my boot a bit more now so need to get somehting a bit smaller.

I am thinking of this deal:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...ts_id/1028.html

It seems very good. The only thing is that the amp produces 600W RMS @2-ohms but the sub is 500W RMS at 4-ohmns. So will i get the most out of the sub? Or should I try and get them to send me the 1222D sub as that is 500W RMS as 2-ohms.

Should I get a power cap as well? Since my lights already dim a little with my current sub which is 300W so i am guessing around 130W RMS.

If your lights dim with that, theres something wrong with your battery/alternater

Also where do you plan to put the amp?... Seats are hollow... mines below the passenger footwell....

Dude the lights dim because the hifi is sucking all the power from the Battery. You get this with powerful systems which is why you need a power cap. I have powerful 6x9s and front components.....and the sub is fairly powerful.

Already have my two amps under the seats, so gona replace old mono block amp with new one.

Edit: Dnt need help nemore since no1 helped went for it :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Power caps only supply power for approx 2 seconds at a time. It's an extra cap on power. See where they get their name? I was only saying that my sub and amp (1000+Watts) is absolutely fine. You buy a big hi-fi. You buy a big Battery. power caps just help peaks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links