Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Noise From Levin

jamesd

Hi all

I bought a Levin BZR a few days ago and yeaterday i noticed a ticking noise coming from the engine bay.I was told by a mechanic that it was normal.Just wondering if other levin owners had it coming from theres.It almost sounds like a diesel engine

Any chance it's just the AC pump running- tbh I haven't noticed it myself on mine but I'll try listenin this eve when I'm out and about

The 4a-gze engine (from Levin GT-Z) also makes ticking noises which I've been told is made by the operation of the fuel injectors.

If you got BZG or BZR with 4A-GE black top engine then you have 20V and variable valve timing which changes automatically on high rpm (5k – 8k) making a strange noise not normal for standard 8V or 16V engines. Of course it’s better to have a mechanical check since you got it a few days ago.

• 2 weeks later...

hi jamesd....

was just wondering how much you paid for insurance and who with?? :huh:

and where you picked up your Levin from, might be interested myself next year.. :thumbsup:

j

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all

I bought a Levin BZR a few days ago and yeaterday i noticed a ticking noise coming from the engine bay.I was told by a mechanic that it was normal.Just wondering if other levin owners had it coming from theres.It almost sounds like a diesel engine

dont worry about it, unless you can here it from inside the car. ive had 2 silvertops and they both sounded tractor-like on start up.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all

I have a Levin BZ-G AE111 with 4A-GE 20V black top and it makes the same strange noise. You will get to use it.

• 3 weeks later...

hey mate id take it to the mechanic and get the timing checked it. or maybe you've got hydrolic tapets is the noise there all the time or just when you put your foot down and on startup?

• 7 years later...

hey mate id take it to the mechanic and get the timing checked it. or maybe you've got hydrolic tapets is the noise there all the time or just when you put your foot down and on startup?

I was looking at a car the other day with this problem.Is it down to the tapets??Its On start up and when your driving her!

It goes away when you give it a small bit of throttle but when you accelerate it comes back.Doing my nut.....