Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Burnout

MR2_2000

I know this might start some fighting as i have seen from other similar threads, but i did search and couldnt find anything that i was exactly after. Had an argument with a mate about whether all cars could do burnouts, not donuts, but burnouts. He tried to tell me that Mr2s are incapable of doing burnouts. Please write back exactly how to do a burnout in an Mr2 so i dont have to continue telling him myself.

It's easy .. stand on both the throttle and the brakes .. and then spend another £300 for rear tyres ..

yeah, a burnout takes no skill whatsoever - any (non 4wd) car can do it..

as Ben says, its all about loads of power while holding the brakes... of course you melt the tyres, your brakes, and dont do the diff's any favors, and of course, everyone (except for Max Muppet readers) will think what an idiot... but hey, its your car...

not really.. if your on the 1/4 mile strip..  :P

they would if you were in a road legal MR2 - theres getting heat into your tyres, and then theres being a muppet :yes:

yeah, a burnout takes no skill whatsoever - any (non 4wd) car can do it..

as Ben says, its all about loads of power while holding the brakes... of course you melt the tyres, your brakes, and dont do the diff's any favors, and of course, everyone (except for Max Muppet readers) will think what an idiot... but hey, its your car...

actualy very hi powered 4wd cars can do it too. andy barnes from sumo used to do huge rolling burnouts at pod before a run

Yep, seen my mates 500+ hp cossie do rolling burnouts ! CRAZY !! :ffs:

But you can also do rolling ones in a two, rev her right up, and dump the clutch, she wont go anywhere fast ! but the back wheel arches will pore with smoke !!

Why does your mate think they are not possible ? whats his argument ! :wacko:

FWD, hand brake off, floor the throttle, clutch out then yank the hand brake on

RWD, a bit harder as you really need three feet, clutch in, clog it, then lift the clutch but catch the brakes before the car starts to move some, should spin up nicely

tyres are evil and must be destroyed

FWD, hand brake off, floor the throttle, clutch out then yank the hand brake on

RWD, a bit harder as you really need three feet, clutch in, clog it, then lift the clutch but catch the brakes before the car starts to move some, should spin up nicely

tyres are evil and must be destroyed

lol like it or in the rolla just plant it in any of the first 4 forward gears.... not tried reverse yet.

off topic.. i heard that recently at pod a norweigen (SP?) journo was given the chance of a blast in a top fuel rail dragster (he had just got his top fuel licence). he did his burnout reversed back to the start, forgot to disengage the reverser launched and caused about £500,000 worth of damage, cant put the teams words on this forum but you can probley guess.

sorry back on topic now :unsure:

the day i got my nissan back from a load of work including new wheels n tyres i pulled into a car park to laugh at boy racers, cruel i know but had to be done, all they woudlsay is spin it up mate, now the rear tyres wer 255/17/45 and £120 a corner, i old them taht and asked why would i wanna spin them up, the reply was beacause its tonk, and to this day i have no idea what theywere on about