Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gone Nuts....

Riddles

Just thought I'd let all you Corolla Gti owners past and present that I've finally decided to see how my baby handles power. After research, a friend found a fella who is running a turbo about the size of a ct20 (MR2 turbo size?!?) at 10psi on completely standard internals. Its now been runing for two years with no problems. My wonderful 'Rolla only cost me £300 (118k on the clock but absolutely mint interior) which is ALOT of car for the money, so if it goes bang I'll of course shed a tear, but won't be heavily out of pocket, I just take off my exhaust, wheels, induction kit and get another one! On closer inspection I discovered that it has only had two owners, the first to drive to work and back, and the second the bloke I bought it of so a full service history was provided. So here's the plan. T2, CT9 or something of similar size. Get a manifold fabricated and bolt it all together. Find a front mounted intercooler, 4x4 cossie most probably, get a chip to run the ecu more aggresively, run 6/7psi and hope for the best! If nothing blows up and no detonation happens then I should be good for an extra 25 or so horses.

Well there it is, I'll let you know how it goes, unless I end up in A&E!

Take care,

-RIDDLES-

p.s. anyone know the compression ratios for the 4a-ge and 4a-gze engines?

p.p.s. anyone selling a small turbocharger?

you may want to slap a thicker head gasket in there to lower the compression.

Post up all you find as i've often been told never to turbo a stocker, often wondered what would happen...... :)

Thanks for the ratios.

I think I will fit a larger metal head gasket, but if I lower the compression when I run off boost it'll be mightly slow. If I gamble with standard gasket, I can use a two stage boost controller and flip between no boost at all and 6/7psi. I have also been told not to turbo random engines without uprated head gasket, pistons etc, but running such a small amount of boost (resting on a decent compression test result) and running it as rarely as I can (i.e. resisting temptation) then I think it might be ok for at least a year.....

I'll do a little more research before I take the plunge, but I think its worth the risk!

Getting a little worried,

-RIDDLES-

ha ha ha haaaaa i was really excited about all this until i read this.... "and running it as rarely as I can (i.e. resisting temptation) "

Alright mate....as if. :lol::lol::lol:

i'll stick to the ceramic long stroke GZE for my turbo coinversion, thanks.

Yiou can buy a GZE front cut in Aus for $650 (about £250) but you dont get the luxury of seeing it/inspecting it first unless you know someone over there.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links