Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Light Bulbs

kirst_ie

Standard brakelight and foglight bulbs should be available from your local motor factor (or Halfrauds) :thumbsup:

As ive sprayed my rear lights body colour, my brake lights are a tad hard to see.

My boyfriend reckons LED brake lights, do you think they will be a bit better?

LED's arent brighter than normal lights, they just look better!

I was behind someone in a Vauxhall Corsa the other day who had sprayed all his rear lights black (the car was also black) and it was awful..... couldnt see when he was braking (thank god he had a third brake light!)

In the end I overtook him on the dual carriageway because I felt so uncomfortable behind him.....

I'm not sure if you could use fog lights instead of brake lights as brake lights, but they would be brighter....

As ive sprayed my rear lights body colour, my brake lights are a tad hard to see.

My boyfriend reckons LED brake lights, do you think they will be a bit better?

Oh dear...................I think you may have a hard time when it comes to the MOT,......................................thats if the feds don't get you first :(

I'm not sure if you could use fog lights instead of brake lights as brake lights, but they would be brighter....

Brake light and rear fog light bulbs are the same brightness so you wouldn't notice any difference :thumbsup:

When I first started seeing individual brake lights that should have been in with the side lights, the people I knew just swopped the wires for the brake lights and fog lights over..... most cars had two rear fog lights then so it wasn't a problem.....

gotta agree about the mot mine are clear lenses with clear led stop and tail which glow red

the high level brake light is still red so i am complying (ish) with the law.

had plenty of coppers admiring it but never been stopped and according to a copper i asked as long as they operate red i am ok :D

yeah they do, its near enough instant, while a bulb has to heat up the fillament, keep meaning to do it on my mr2 although a full rack of bulbs for the back end is around 100quid

LED's are brighter than standard bulbs, plus they'll last longer and are less likely to blow.

Just make sure you get them with the correct fitment. ;)

you could try:

www.ultraleds.com

Cheers me dears :D

Won't have a prob with MOT have got a spare set of unsprayed tail lights, just to use for MOT time :P

MY tail lights are OK, but its my brake lights that my boyfriend reckons could be a bit brighter.

Think i might invest in some of them Prisim bulbs, they seem ok.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links