Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Seatbelt Problem

mallymclane

hi,

I have a yaris blue on a 54 plate.. Today, I bought a pet car

buckle to plug into the seatbelt socket like:

http://tinyurl.com/c8hu3

I plugged it into the backseat sockets and it didn't really fit. Tried

it in the front *passenger* socket and it got stuck and will not come

out :-(

Does anyone know how to remove the pet car buckle without

damaging the seatbelt socket!

cheers!

hi,

I have a yaris blue on a 54 plate.. Today, I bought a pet car

buckle to plug into the seatbelt socket like:

http://tinyurl.com/c8hu3

I plugged it into the backseat sockets and it didn't really fit. Tried

it in the front *passenger* socket and it got stuck and will not come

out :-(

Does anyone know how to remove the pet car buckle without

damaging the seatbelt socket!

cheers!

Welcome..........what a predicament.............hope the dog is not still attached :D

Suggest that you see if your local Toyota dealer can sort it out.....best of luck :thumbsup:

I thought all seatbelt sockets were more or less standard size?

Do what Earpl suggested, wiggle and pull and if not, take it to Toyota who should be able to sort it out for you!

Its a bit silly that it doesnt fit though...... :unsure:

Do what Earpl suggested, wiggle and pull and if not, take it to Toyota who should be able to sort it out for you!

Its a bit silly that it doesnt fit though......  :unsure:

yeah, we thought they woul all be the same size too, but apparently not... No warnings on the packaging of the seat belt or anything either :-(

Fortunately, we didn't have the dog with us, so he isn't "jailed" in the car ;-)

We went to toyota inchape in Oxford earlier, but their techs clock off at 12:30...

Hi from another Yaris Blue on a 54 Plate Owner..

Try perservering with wiggling it out, was it really hot when you did it yesterday? Maybe now it's cooler (well it's cooler here today compared to yesterday) that would help loosen it a bit?

Sorry I'm not much help, hope you get it sorted.

Its a bit silly that it doesnt fit though......  :unsure:

yeah, we thought they woul all be the same size too, but apparently not... No warnings on the packaging of the seat belt or anything either :-(

Fortunately, we didn't have the dog with us, so he isn't "jailed" in the car ;-)

We went to toyota inchape in Oxford earlier, but their techs clock off at 12:30...

Have you contacted the manufacturer of the doggy seatbelt? Maybe they can help you - give you a special way to get it out?

Poor pooch! But at least your thinking of your pups safety by installing one of them - kudos to you - if they did cat ones I'd be the first to buy them! :yes:

Have you contacted the manufacturer of the doggy seatbelt? Maybe they can help you - give you a special way to get it out?

Poor pooch! But at least your thinking of your pups safety by installing one of them - kudos to you - if they did cat ones I'd be the first to buy them! :yes:

I've sent them an email, I'll see if I get anything back. Inchape Toyota in Oxford (just been this morning) want 6quid for a new seatbelt socket, and 25quid fitting..... Not much I can do, since they can't get it out without breaking it...

It's all this guys fault ;-) http://photos.mally.net/sam/ - and I don't think they do them for cats, not that mine (http://photos.mally.net/kittens/) would wear it anyway, I've tried walking them before, didn't work ;-)

mally

I've sent them an email, I'll see if I get anything back. Inchape Toyota in Oxford (just been this morning) want 6quid for a new seatbelt socket, and 25quid fitting..... Not much I can do, since they can't get it out without breaking it...

It's all this guys fault ;-) http://photos.mally.net/sam/  - and I don't think they do them for cats, not that mine (http://photos.mally.net/kittens/) would wear it anyway, I've tried walking them before, didn't work ;-)

mally

Cant you get it done on warranty? I had a problem with my seatbelt buckle and they swapped it for me FOC.... I'd argue with that that its standard buckle on the doggy belt and SHOULD fit in any buckle, but it doesnt on theres.... at least try and wangle it free, the worst they can say is no! :thumbsup:

Your cats and dog are precious..... not you cant tend to walk cats, I tried with my eldest and she wasnt having any of it and gave me a look of disgust..... they are my babies though, I mollycoddle them too much - piccies of mine are in my sig! Jess is the tabby on the left, shes my eldest, shes 1 and a half and Alfie is the b&w on the right - he's my baby boy, he's 6 months! :D :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links