Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radiator Protector

DrMR2

Quick question, when you open the bonnet, before getting to the radiator i have a big plastic panel to remove, but the plastic things holding it in place are not unscrewing and i am unable to get to the back of them.

Does anyone know how they undo before i resort to breaking and replacing them!!

Quick question, when you open the bonnet, before getting to the radiator i have a big plastic panel to remove, but the plastic things holding it in place are not unscrewing and i am unable to get to the back of them.

Does anyone know how they undo before i resort to breaking and replacing them!!

They are a bit of a :censor: to get out. I just pulled them out using force and replaced them with new ones, you can get a big bag of them for a couple of quid.

If they're the type with a small pin in the centre then you just push that down then they lift out easily. If not, then 'What he said ^^^^^'

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

OK, Screws not now a problem but i have begun to install the radiator protector, trimmed it to size and make hole for towing eye to fit through too. Now when i place it upright behind the 5 vertical stands on the trim, the cable ties seem too short for the higher fitting. I have tried pulling the mesh closer, but it does not seem to fit right.

I would buy longer cable ties, but i as these ones came in the pack, am i missing something??

Cheers

OK, Screws not now a problem but i have begun to install the radiator protector, trimmed it to size and make hole for towing eye to fit through too. Now when i place it upright behind the 5 vertical stands on the trim, the cable ties seem too short for the higher fitting. I have tried pulling the mesh closer, but it does not seem to fit right.

I would buy longer cable ties, but i as these ones came in the pack, am i missing something??

Cheers

You could put two shorter cable ties together to make a longer one :yes:

Joe

Cheers

It might be easier to go and buy longer cable ties, they're not expensive.