Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We've Just Bought A Previa!

Bluebottle

A 2002 2.4 VVTi GS, collecting in just over a weeks time (Dealer is fitting a tow bar for us) A very nice car indeed and a surprisingly easy drive, it felt familiar very quickly. It's a manual petrol 8-seat version- exactly what we were looking for and will be the newest car we've ever had! :D

I will, however, be sad to say goodbye to our Mk2 Granada that's been with us for the last 10 years :( It's been a good reliable workhorse and has been in the family since my father-in-law bought it new in 1984! Oh well, time to move on I guess ;)

A 2002 2.4 VVTi GS, collecting in just over a weeks time (Dealer is fitting a tow bar for us)  A very nice car indeed and a surprisingly easy drive, it felt familiar very quickly. It's a manual petrol 8-seat version- exactly what we were looking for and will be the newest car we've ever had! :D

I will, however, be sad to say goodbye to our Mk2 Granada that's been with us for the last 10 years :(  It's been a good reliable workhorse and has been in the family since my father-in-law bought it new in 1984! Oh well, time to move on I guess ;)

Hi there - welcome to the club! Won't be long before you'll see why so many of us swear by our Toyotas! Your new purchase sounds great, I bought a similar one recently (shipped it in from Japan though!), a 2002 2.4VVTi auto 8 seater, and like you I found it dead easy to drive and feel comfortable with. Do you have any plans for it ( there are a handful of modified ones on here!) or will you be keeping it as is? Whatever, you'll be pleased you bought it I think!

All the best!

Do you have any plans for it ( there are a handful of modified ones on here!) or will you be keeping it as is? Whatever, you'll be pleased you bought it I think!

All the best!

Thanks for the welcome chaps! We'll be keeping it standardfor now, I might fit a DAB radio when there are a few more on the market to choose from- we put one in our Quantum kit car (My wife's commuting car) and it's locked on 'Planet Rock'!

When the warrenty runs out we'll look into LPG, there are a few threads on the forum about it so I've got a bit of reading to do ;)

congrats mate!

We had a lovely green 8 seat previa which we dearly loved - though the old 2.4 was a bit thirsty ... Are you getting the windows tinted? Looks really good on a previa

Just traded it for a landcruiser we we wanted more oooomf to pull a caravan and also the front of the prev kept scraping as we entered our drive (dip in the road)! Now finding that we never really knew what thirsty was, lol!

well done - you'll love it.

Sword

congrats mate!

We had a lovely green 8 seat previa which we dearly loved - though the old 2.4 was a bit thirsty ...  Are you getting the windows tinted?  Looks really good on a previa

We might look at getting the windows done, any idea how much it would cost? As far as MPG goes, it's much better than the 1984 2.3l Granada it's replaced! It's not that great on fuel consumption but it's what I was expecting- it is a big old thing after all.

My 4 year old daughter has named it Thunderbird 2!

congrats mate!

We had a lovely green 8 seat previa which we dearly loved - though the old 2.4 was a bit thirsty ...  Are you getting the windows tinted?  Looks really good on a previa

We might look at getting the windows done, any idea how much it would cost? As far as MPG goes, it's much better than the 1984 2.3l Granada it's replaced! It's not that great on fuel consumption but it's what I was expecting- it is a big old thing after all.

My 4 year old daughter has named it Thunderbird 2!

HI im new to the club also. ijust bought a 1998 2.4 8 seat previa too,and guess what lol its green and im getting the windows tinted from a place called elgin for £300.

This is a bargain as far as im conserned as i was going to be £400 to get my subaru legacy done just over a year ago.

Im also lookin at getting a body kit fitted if its afordable .

iv seen them on the lucida and what a difference it makes to these motors .you should check it out. :)

Hi Gunsmoke and welcome to the forum ;) £300 seems pretty good, I was expecting people to say twice that! We'll look into it more next year after the LPG conversion if the budget allows- it's a bit of a greenhouse on a sunny day!