Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Swapping Gear And Gaiters?

fabangel4

Hi All!

Can anyone tell me if i can put any rav gear knob and gaiter on my MK1?

It needs updating but i dont really like the universal ones that eBay or formula 4x4 has to offer!

Thought some of the younger ravs would have a nicer look, but will they fit??!!

Thanks!!

Hi All!

Can anyone tell me if i can put any rav gear knob and gaiter on my MK1?

It needs updating but i dont really like the universal ones that ebay or formula 4x4 has to offer!

Thought some of the younger ravs would have a nicer look, but will they fit??!!

Thanks!!

logic says, Toyota would use one thread for most of the vehicle range, maybe over the weekend, one of the TOC members will have the answer :)

Hi fabangel4, i cant give you any answers regarding your gear knobage, but just thought id compliment you on a lovely Rav4, what super condition!! quite the eyecatcher......

Andi

Hi fabangel4, i cant give you any answers regarding your gear knobage, but just thought id compliment you on a lovely Rav4, what super condition!! quite the eyecatcher......

Andi

:D :D

Thanks Andi!

It was a great find, the camera does hide a few imperfections but i'll soon have them fixed!

That certainly does look the part mate! Are those painted bumbers/ side panels too?

If I can be a little rude though, you may wanna get some clear front indicators. They would really look nice against the black.

Bet you've already thought of that though!

What's your gear knob like now? Or is it the gaitor you have a problem with? I'll let you know soon about the gear knob, cause i've just ordered one off eBay from a Y reg cause the leather is knackered on mine. At least you'll know if it's the same thread.

As for the gaitor, it's probably just a case of modifying the base to fit your cars shape. Dunno though. :thumbsup:

That certainly does look the part mate!  Are those painted bumbers/ side panels too?

If I can be a little rude though, you may wanna get some clear front indicators.  They would really look nice against the black.

Bet you've already thought of that though!

What's your gear knob like now?  Or is it the gaitor you have a problem with?  I'll let you know soon about the gear knob, cause i've just ordered one off eBay from a Y reg cause the leather is knackered on mine.  At least you'll know if it's the same thread.

As for the gaitor, it's probably just a case of modifying the base to fit your cars shape.  Dunno though. :thumbsup:

Thanks! Yeah the bumpers etc are all colour coded, it was the only Mk1 ive seen with them. Its a Jap import so i dont know if thats why it has them?.

The clear indicators are defo on my list of mods to do i think they'll look really sexy. Is Mr T the best place to get them from?

rav10.jpg

My gear knob and gaiter are both plastic so i just wanna replaced them for a nice leather version really, if you could let me know what yours turns out like that would be great. Hmm i'll have a think about the gaiter my bf should be able to mod the base for me he is good at that sort of stuff but generally a VW fan :huh:

Thanks for your help

Angela

Mines a 1998 model Angela, and it's got a leather gear knob and gaiter. So if you could locate one in a scrap yard, you may be able to get one similar.

Tell your boyf to buy a Toyota too! Bloomin VW cr*p! :D

I like the lower centre column in yours, with just a big cubby hole in it. Mine has got one half that size, with a couple of switches and blanks. With a covered up cigarette lighter hole too. Looks rubbish.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links