Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possibly A Daft Question

glanzajim

just brought my paseo today and really loving it but i want to fit an uprated pannel filter in it, is the air box the same as that of a 4efe starlet as the onlt ones i can find are the blitz ones at fensport

cheers Jim

you have to get the starlet gt panel filter, the K&N part number is 33-2634...i know this because i got one B) its stupid though, cause the actual " paseo " one (cant remember the part no, something like 33-2964) is a completely different shape..its long and rectangular

id get it off of eBay, there's a guy who sells 'em for £37 delivered which is a lot cheaper than anywhere else i saw 'em

I made my own panel filter by buying an HKS panel filter made for and Nissan 200 SX, it cost me £15 (brand new off Ebay)

All i had to do is cut out the factory element from factory filter, cut HKS filter to size and fix it to the frame, very easy and much cheaper.

Thats just my budget option which works just as well.

If u 'ventilated' the air box, the HKS filter gives a very nice induction roar wich will give a few aftermarket induction kits a run for their money :D

noise = worthless :P

and is the hks one the foam material one? cause after a while those can go awry and literally crumble and end up in the engine...happened to some dude on another forum and it wasn't pretty :unsure:

Yeh it is a foam one, i like the attention my induction gets, the Paseo isnt overly quick which is why im not too concerned bout losin power.

As for 'crumbling', that occurrs if the filter is poorly maintained and the 'crumble' mainly occurs on the HKS induction 'mushroom' filters because of their shape.

The panel filter flexes alot more than the mushroom filters

ah right, well yeah i suppose thats a factor then.

and i know what you mean about the noise (though im not a fan of all that noise and attention stuff), drove around not knowing the airbox wasn't clipped down, and it sounded strangely " throaty "

Throaty. I'll tell u what, the first thing i did when i got my Paseo was to fit the drilled airbox from my starlet, and with the factory filter it sounded nice and throaty. I put the HKS filter in amd the induction roar was tripled.

Im obsessed wiv my induction roar, so currently i have removed the bottom half of the air box and added a cold air feed, the car sound amazing now!!!! An it is definately more responsive.

The only mod i regret is fitting a cheap backbox!! The drop in back pressure is very noticeable, ive lost power, any ideas on how to rectify this will be much appreciated.

put the standard one back on :lol:

or just buy a proper muffler, with the correct inlet size, and NOT a straight through...

i thought straight throughs increased responsiveness and power overall? :wacko:

on a turbo'd car, yes, as backpressure is not as much as a requirement, on a small n/a engine like the paseo, backpressure is required, so best strategy is to up the entire exhast diameter fractionally for slightly better flow, heat coat / wrap it, and better collectors / header / manifold...

and mufflers do f/a for performance, they're just there to muffle the sound, straight through's reject that idea and bring on the " !Removed! " like noise

Throaty. I'll tell u what, the first thing i did when i got my Paseo was to fit the drilled airbox from my starlet, and with the factory filter it sounded nice and throaty. I put the HKS filter in amd the induction roar was tripled.

Im obsessed wiv my induction roar, so currently i have removed the bottom half of the air box and added a cold air feed, the car sound amazing now!!!! An it is definately more responsive.

The only mod i regret is fitting a cheap backbox!! The drop in back pressure is very noticeable, ive lost power, any ideas on how to rectify this will be much appreciated.

any chance of a image