Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Antiroll Bar Bush's

mrfil13

hi, i need to replace the bush's on the drivers side anitroll bars at the rear. The ones that go from the centre to the wheel.

Two of the bush's on the front bar can be replaced, but the back on is an adjustible bar. So going to get the bush's first and try them.

The problem is they sqeak like a rusty hinge on a door.

Where would be the best place to get the standard toyota ones, ive tried cheaptoyotaparts, they seem to be good. Will i get a discount if i upgrade to Gold membership from them, if so how much.

Cheers

Phil

Hi mate,

Rear ARB bushes are about a tenner for 2 from Toyota. Shouldn't break the bank too much!!

That's what I paid for mine :thumbsup:

Guys he's talking about the 2 stabilizing bars that come from the center of the cross member to the back of the hubs , the front bar you can get the bushes for £30 from Mr T (already had to change one), Toyota don't supply the bushes on there own for the adjustable bar, they make you buy a whole new bar , while looking at them they look exactly the same bushes as what go on the front solid bar, you can be the ginepig to see if they really are the same :D

bye the way its only the bushes at the hub end that usually go

rearsuspension2.jpg

The numbers on that picy aren't part numbers

Kev

When you say £30 from MR T is that each, as i got a quote off Cheaptoyota parts and they said it was £25 per bush, ouch. I was going to replace the two bush's that can be replaced, as that would help me see if its the adjustable bar or not, but might just try the centre bush like you said.

Did you have a problem getting the bolt out as the fuel tank seems to be in the way. Ive tried listening to where the sound is comming from, but no luck, cannot pinpoint where.

As for been a ginnypig, i dont really fancy that :)

yeah that bush iv circled in blue was £30 , i didn't change the other one as its only the ones at the hubs that go , the one on the adjustable bar is away on mines now but i have spare bars to replace them :D , with the bolt in the centre im just going to loosen the nut a bit and cut the head of the bolt and draw it out the back , a new bolt is £15 , a bit expensive i know but there's no way I'm moving the tank

Cool, lcuky having a spare bar as they are £80 ish. Are you gonna put the bolt back in the other way. My dad is the mechinic so he would be doing this. When we looked at it originally he was gonna cut the bolt. Was going to get the other bolt as well as it has seemed to have seized up, so the chance of the bolt coming out whole is slim.

Did you have the same problem, ie a horrible creaky noise when you go over bumps etc. Fingers crossed its just that one bush and not the whole adjustable bar as well :( .

yeah will put the bolt in the opposite way .

i didn't have any creaking just had lots of knocking plus there was a lot of play in the wheel as if the wheel bearing was at fault. are you sure that's where the creaking is coming from??? i would think a dry shock would give that rather than the bush , might be worth smearing some oil on the shocky to see if its not just a dry oil seal.

Kev

My dad looked at the shock but it seemed ok. He undid the bolts and slackened them and the sound went, when the bolts were tightened up again the sound was back :(

You also about the knocking, i get that as well :( it was happening on the passengers side originally, but we replaced the bar that goes upwards from the hub, i think that is the anitroll bar and that stopped it. We ere going to replace that on the drivers side when we did these bars and bush's, but there never seemed to be any play in them, so fingers crossed can kill 2 birds with 1 stone :). A damn expensive stone, but oh well :)