Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Using Neo/mstation With Yaris Oe Ice

Techno

Hi,

I recently bought and installed a Neo/mStation MP3 jukebox into my 2002 Yaris 1.0GS. However, the supplied FM modulator doesn't exactly blow me away so i'm wondering on the easiest (read cheapest!) way of getting the audio into the standard head unit. The Neo/mStation has standard RCA outputs but I couldnt see any RCA inputs on the back of the Yaris tape unit when i connected the FM modulator. I know there must be some way of doing it as i have a TAPE/CD button and there are CD players options on this model.

Techno.

No inputs into the standard kit, add an aftermarket headunit, you can use the factory Speakers, there should be one that links with your mp3 thing. If not just get one with rca input.

cheers

steve.

Thanks for the reply Steve :) So will something like the TOY-AUX not work for me? I've emailed them with all my details to see what they say but it seems to fit the bill perfectly. I hope so, i'm getting annoyed at the 'hiss' now :( I don't want to fit an aftermarket unit if I can help it, I paid enough for the Jukebox!

Hi Techno,

I was seriously considering doing the same thing, and didn't realise that the TOY-AUX existed. Although I'm no expert, it looks like it might do the job fine!

Out of interest, where did you mount the mstation's LCD screen on your Yaris? And how do you rate the jukebox overall? (obviously the FM modulator isn't the best solution by the sounds of it!)

I'm either considering an mstation jukebox or a SONY Xplod CDX-757MX 10 Disc MP3 changer . . . apparently it'll connect with a £50 adaptor . . . although I'm sure it'll be fun flicking through around 2000 songs without the ID3 tags shown on the Toyota headunit!

Steph

Hi Stephann,

Yeah, i'm hoping the TOY-AUX will do what i want. The company that sells it won't ship international but i have some friends in the US so i'll get it through them if its compatible.

I mounted the mStation jukebox itself in the spare wheel bay, under the boot floor. It just fits there although you have to move the jack a little. The LCD screen/wired controller i've mounted in the 'black box' under the standard tape unit although i'm fine tuning the fitment to get it just right. You'll need to make all your own brackets to make the controller fit. The jukebox mounts with the supplied brackets but it takes some messing about. Overall i'm pleased with the mStation. The controller is easy to use although i'd have a liked a brighter display, it can be difficult to read in sunlight but looks cool as beans at night. Hopefully my finetuning of the controller fitment will result in an easier to read display during daylight. It works very well and is easy to get the songs into the jukebox using the supplied software, although i use the updated Realplayer One (it will auto-update). The supplied FM modulator is usable but hissy. The Yaris Speakers also do not fair too well at providing good bass and i'm looking to upgrade these soon. The mStation remote control is pointless. I also bought the 'voice update' from the US which allows the jukebox to speak the album and track titles as your searching through them. Its useful in that it allows you to keep your eyes on the road but it does sound a bit 'robby-robot'. It was $40 post free and is easy to fit as long as you're careful.

I also looked at the Xplod MP3 player but read some reviews that said it was very poor with regard to showing track titles (8 characters max??) and they only scrolled once. Also some people had problems with it not reading from certain types of CDR. I was going to but it from the US (good old friends again!!) as its half the price of the UK unit but decided on the mStation in the end. I can provide some pics and any more info that you may want although you may have to wait a few days. :)