Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4 Years On 911

munkeyboy

I was working and we had the radio on in the office and no-one could believe the news, so we went online and saw the pictures and it was just awful - even with pictures it was hard to believe! :(

We then put the telly on in the meeting room and it was like it was a movie or something - I dont think it sunk in for a few hours that it was really real!

Awful awful day. :(

Well at the exact time the first plane hit, my ex was proposing to me. Only found out about an hour later when we got home and got a shiver up my spine. Saw it as a kind of omen in hindsight :(

was on ay release and wagged the second half of the day.. came home flicked on the tellybox and went to make some food

listening i though.. what the ubik is this?? watched for a few seconds and thought it was just on fire... then a jet came and slammed into the side :blink:

In the workshop at the time.

First time we heard it it was sort of "What was that?!"

Then not a lot was done after that as we listened in disbelief :(

14_3_15.gif

I was at school when we first heard it, but none of us believed it, it was half day at school when i got home i saw it was true, still didnt know much about it, so me ex filled me in a bit more, not a good day :(

Id just come home and flicked the tv on

me and my mum sat watching thinking it was a horibble accident - then the second plane smashed into the side - while they had it on live feed, and me and my mum both just started crying - we couldnt believe it , it was like it wasnt happening :unsure: :(

Was watchin news 24 with me dad when it came on, was really eerie watching the second plane go in... just sat in silence

I was at school, jumped on the bus to go home and it came on the radio, then I got home, switched on the TV and on every channel there was something about it! :(

I was at work, we had the radio on.. then the phone wrang.. it was my boss telling me to put the telly on. I couldn't beleive what i was seeing.. then the 2nd plane hit. One of the other guys that work with us was on his day off.. he put the telly on, shouted to his wife that a good film was on, then after a few moments his wife realized it wasn't a film.. and told him it was real.

went to the doctors. sat in the surgery saw the news on and just thought the tower was on fire, thought god thats awfull then saw the second plane hit and thought what the hell is going on?. very surreal and sad day.

was in my old office - one of the blokes came in to tell us a plane had hit the WTC - we all thought it was an accident...

we put a radio on, and heard about the second one hitting - there was stunned silence, and a lot of tension as a few people from the office were in the states and travelling there...

Was just startign my 2nd year at uni.... was sat with my Ex watching News24 after I think one of our parents rang and told us about the first one.... then the 2nd hit....

Was just stomach turning... so strange.. like watching a film.. not reality

Had a day off work and can remember watching sky tv in stunned silence as the buildings collapsed and worrying about friends and colleagues.

It still makes the hairs on the back of my kneck stand up.

What a sad day for the world :(

i was in a caravan on holiday in the cotswolds when i should have been at school. we were driving back from some little village back to the site, and it came on the news on the radio, but it was chris moyles, so we thought it was a wind up....till it was on every station

I was at home as I was unemployed, had watched Neighbours and turned it off the minute the end credits started..about 5 minutes later my Best friend called and asked if I had been watching the television & seen what happened? I had no idea what she was on about so I flicked it back on and saw it all on BBC1...

When the 2nd plane hit that was incredibly surreal, I thought it was a replay of the first hit but then when the reporters said that it was a second hit I started crying..

Remember it all.... :(

I was in college, we had a break & me & my mate were walking around & walked past a shop & there was a bunch of people watching the tellys in the window & I said (without looking what was on the tellys) "look, they've realised they're missing Coronation Street" & he went "scruffs, they cant afford their own telly"

It wasnt until I got home a few hours later that I realised what happened, I walked into my house & my mum was sitting there watching it & told me what had happened. I felt sick to the stomach & kept thinking "the world will never be the same again", then I realised that the people by the shop were obviously watching the footage & felt massive guilt for taking the mickey.

Was at 6th Form when the first one hit - no one knew anything about it.

Got home at the end of the school day, to be greeted by my mum shouting "get up here John - look what's on the tele!"

Thought she was gonna show me summit about bikes, etc.

Only realised after walking into the room something bad had happened after seeing the look on her face.

Sat down and watched the news for the next 5 hours or so.

Very sad day indeed. :(

I was working for my Dad. He and my Mum were in Canada on holiday having left NY the day before...

Had the radio on and heard about it there. Drove to Ikea in the evening and bought two chairs feeling like I was listening in on a disaster movie.

A very, very strange day :unsure:

A