Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mr T's Service

mabean

Hi, I've only put one or two replies on so far so Hi to you all.

Put my Yaris GS in for it's 30,000 service and 1st MOT yesterday. I was bricking it to be honest but the car came through with just about flying colours, just a window wiper.

Also, 2 suspension rubbers had just started perishing, the guy at the service desk said they'd be fine for another couple of years but insisted on changing them under Warrenty :D I was also told not to bother with the Coolant change as I had to change it myself earlier this year and just to do it next year (£53 saved).

Once I explained why the coolant had to be changed (Corroded clips) he instructed the mechanic to inspect all the clips in the engine bay!!! His head was in the engine bay for a while with a torch and all was ok :)

I know Mr T gets a bad write up and especially the Arnold Clarks up here in Scotland but I thought the service was excellent, as was buying the car through them and the 20,000 service. The price wasn't too bad either - £177 including the MOT.

Have I struck gold with my Mr T dealer?

Hi mabean! Yes, nice to hear Mr T giving you good treatment. I suppose people usually post about their dealer when something has annoyed them, I know I have in the past but it's only right that we should also hear about when they come up trumps.

Just like you have. :yes:

Hi mabean! Yes, nice to hear Mr T giving you good treatment. I suppose people usually post about their dealer when something has annoyed them, I know I have in the past but it's only right that we should also hear about when they come up trumps.

Just like you have. :yes:

Definitely..... I think with most things its easier to believe 1 negative over 20 positive comments, so its always nice to hear of a Toyota dealer with excellent service! :thumbsup:

I've always found Toyota garages to be quite good compared to any non Toyota dealer that I've ever used.

And as I've said before, and will probably say again, our local dealer (Ron Brooks, Mansfield) is outstanding. Can't praise them enough.

Last time the girlfriend's Corolla was serviced there was a tiny problem - can't even remember what it was now, something like all the work couldn't be done at the first visit or something. Anyway they offered a free valet as compensation. We got them to do that on the Lexus instead of the Rolla and they did an absolutely fabulous job on it.

And they give TOC Gold discount.

So you don't have to travel all the way to Scotland to get good service Ferrariboy.

No, I constantly heap praise on Farmer & Carlisle Leicester - I havent been to have the car serviced there yet because its due in December, but throughout the sales process they were brilliant and when I took my car in for a warranty repair on the seatbelt buckle, it was in and out quick - I cant fault them so far! :thumbsup:

Well I took my yaris in for it's first MOT on friday with me at Mr T because when I got the car the MOT was due in three months so the guy chucked it in for free!

Anyway it failed :crybaby: !

It was just the headlight adjustment and they couldn't fix it so they had to order me two new headlights!

They kept the car it overnight and fitted it the next day!

They kept to there times and always called me on time to let me know what was going on!

So I can't fault them!

Big up LISTERS Coventry :thumbsup: !

I used to live south of Nottingham and so used the Famer and Carlisle in Loughboro' - never had any problems with them. They had my Gen 7 fixed after someone ran into the back of it and did a nice job.

They also used to have a dealership near the City ground in Nottingham, but that's Inchcape now. When I had my Celica Gen 7 I booked a test drive in the facelift version 'cos was thinking of upgrading it; When I turned up for the test drive the salesman was on holiday and nobody else was free. Didn't bother re-booking and bought the Boxster shortly afterwards. I reckon I'd have bought the Celica if I'd taken that test drive so they lost a sale for a pretty stupid reason.

Well I took my yaris in for it's first MOT on friday with me at Mr T because when I got the car the MOT was due in three months so the guy chucked it in for free!

Anyway it failed  :crybaby: !

It was just the headlight adjustment and they couldn't fix it so they had to order me two new headlights!

They kept the car it overnight and fitted it the next day!

They kept to there times and always called me on time to let me know what was going on!

So I can't fault them!

Big up LISTERS Coventry  :thumbsup: !

F&C are much better than Listers! Listers were good-ish for me as I bought my first Yaris off them, I dont like that they give out personal details to strangers, but hey ho, perhaps that was a one off, just for me! :rolleyes:

Okay, I'll join in as we're being so nice....

Lindops Toyota, Queensferry.

last car

broken windscreen wiper linkage and wiper motor - fixed under warranty

clunky gearshift - fixed under warranty

this car

scratches on dashboard and ignition key barrel surround (from new) - fixed under warranty

squeaky driver's seat - fixed under warranty

creaking headling over front passenger door - fixed under warranty

buzzing from dashboard/windscreen - (after a number of attempts by Mr T) - fixed by me

So, pretty good in the main but it doesn't account for the meesing about and having to get in touch with them when they forgot about me!

Still owe me half a tank of petrol though. :angry:

Sorry mabean. I got carried away by the point you made about dealers and forgot to say welcome.

So, welcome to TOC. Pleased you've got good Mr T dealers up there too.

Post some pics of the car when you have time.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Well, lets hope that either Listers of Cov, or Inchcape of Oxford are good/ cheap. Mine's due for the 20k service in about 800 miles!