Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Belgian Gp Disaster For Toyota

mabean

Hi, this forum seems a bit quiet, so as a F1 fanatic, I thought I'd try and put the odd post in - even though there's only a couple of races to go.

Todays Belgian GP was a pretty good race, rain at Spa is always entertaining, Montoya and Raikkonen leaving most of the field behind, except for one red car. Well, one red & white car; namely the Toyota of Jarno Trulli who hung on well to the Silver Arrows at the front but it all started going wrong with the introduction of the safety car.

Trulli slowly dissapeared after that and was classified 10 laps down on Raikkonen at the end. Leaving Ralf Schumacher in the other Toyota, you could have expected a 10th place finish except he was like a terrier who wouldn't let go of Montoya's gearbox and was running second for a good chunk of the race.

Montoya led, Ralf was second with Raikkonen behind, pit stops slightly out of sych' but not too much. Until, you guessed it the Toyota team screwed it up and put him on "slicks" He went boating off into the scenery and promptly came back in for some inter's That was it really for Toyota as Montoya and Raikkonen "swapped" places at the pit stops, Monty crashed with Pizzonia and allowed Alonso to claim 2nd with Bunton, erm sorry Button :P 3rd. Ralfie ended up 7th.

The speed seems to be there in spits and spats for Toyota but consistency and some better strategy is needed if they are to challenge next year.

If you'd like some more ramblings about the races and gossip especially on Mr T's racing team then post a reply and I'll see what I can do, the race finished as follows, pending disqualifications etc etc.

1. RAIKKONEN McLaren 44 laps

2. ALONSO Renault +28.3s

3. BUTTON BAR +32.0s

4. WEBBER Williams +1m09.1s

5. BARRICHELLO Ferrari +1m18.1s

6. VILLENEUVE Sauber +1m27.4s

7. R.SCHUMACHER Toyota +1m27.5s

8. MONTEIRO Jordan +1 lap

9. KLIEN Red Bull +1 lap

10. MASSA Sauber +1 lap

11. KARTHIKEYAN Jordan +1 lap

12. ALBERS Minardi +2 laps

13. DOORNBOS Minardi +3 laps

14. MONTOYA McLaren +4 laps

15. PIZZONIA Williams +5 laps

16. TRULLI Toyota +10 laps

17. COULTHARD Red Bull +26 laps

18. M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari +31 laps

19. SATO BAR +31 laps

20. FISICHELLA Renault +34 laps

Thanks for that, much appreciated. Missed the race due to working nightshifts.

I think Toyota have done very well for their first year in F1 and I'm sure they will have plenty of experience to be able to improve on next year.

It was quiet for a while because quite a few of us were watching the grand prix.

Thought it was looking good for Ralph for a while there.

Nice move on his brother by Sato. :D

I was there, sat on Eau Rouge :D

It was my first F1 GP and it was awesome!

the noise is just incredible :D and the speed compared to watching the GP2's and Porsche Carrera's is unbelievable.

TV does Eau Rouge no justice, the hill is so much steeper than it looks on TV, and hearing the F1's come through at racing speed is incredible, highly recommended to anyone thinking of going :thumbsup:

DSCF0002.jpg

It was good to see that Toyota had the pace during the length of the race, but dissapointing that the Pit-Stops again started dropping them down the order.

Anyone know what actually happened to Trulli?

I just saw his car in the barriers on the big screen towards the end of the race, but didnt see any replay of what happened.

Trulli ended up in avoiding someone (didn't catch who) and slid off into the armco :(

Did Fisichella's accident look as rough as it did on tv?

We were a bit to the right of where he lost it, so we didnt actually see him lose it, we heard it though, then saw the replay...

we did see one of the GP2's lose in the wet there though in the morning, just swapped ends as he turned into the right, that one looked rough :o

• 2 years later...