Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Tyres

Roadrunner

Could anyone tell me why my new tyres are scrubbing on the wheel arch?

I've just had a set of Avon ZZ3 (215/40/17) fitted last week & now when i go over bumps the o/s rear hits on the arch. The original tyres were Goodyear F1's.

I was told that you should increase the tyre pressure 1lb per inch on an increase in wheele size. eg, if you go from a 15" wheel to a 17" the tyre pressure would increase by 2lb above the normal pressure.

I hope that all makes sense.

Shouldn't they be 215/35/17 ???

I forgot to check your sizes earlier...

Thanks for a supoerb day post and piocs will be coming soon :D

Prolly should add it's a 'J' Reg Celica 2.0 Gti

What you will find that makes the biggest difference is the tyre wall.Tyres like: Toyo proxes, Fulda's and Goodyear eagle F1's have a really good sloping side wall which means that they tuck into arch better when the suspension moves. Tyres like Avon's, Uniroyal and conti's have a much more square sidewall that means sometime you get a bit of scrub on the arch.

Best thing to do is get a dermel multi tool and scrub back some of the lip on the arch so that it doesn't catch.

What you will find that makes the biggest difference is the tyre wall.Tyres like: Toyo proxes, Fulda's and Goodyear eagle F1's have a really good sloping side wall which means that they tuck into arch better when the suspension moves. Tyres like Avon's, Uniroyal and conti's have a much more square sidewall that means sometime you get a bit of scrub on the arch.

Best thing to do is get a dermel multi tool and scrub back some of the lip on the arch so that it doesn't catch.

I would prefer to buy new than dremel away my car, somehow I just can't see RR trying that one :)

I know I wouldn't....

sorry, not 100% clear. Did u change the wheels aswell mate? that might mean wrong offset. If not then its the wall hight or profile. Are they much wider than before?

I would prefer to buy new than dremel away my car, somehow I just can't see RR trying that one :)

I know I wouldn't....

I agree but some people just have to have monster wheels and will do anything to get them in the arches! I said cos he has already bought new tyres.

the scrubbing has only just started where as ive had the tyres on over a week! the suspension seems about half inch lower on the o/s/r. any ideas what this maybe?

the suspension seems about half inch lower on the o/s/r. any ideas what this maybe?

Maybe uve got a Car Troll hiding in the boot, playing corners by himself. Their notorious round these parts... ask ryan he herd mine scrubbing. Or maybe that NOS bottle has rolled to one side???? Guess u wouldnt notice that one as ive herd from reliable (It was Ryan - he told me Gov.) sources that u never use it!!!!! :D :D